Champagne In Cake...

Baking By sable905 Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 4:50pm by jenniferus2002

sable905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sable905 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #1 of 5

If anyone has used Champagne in a cake before - Do you let it go flat, or use it bubbly? I have a recipe that calls for it, but it does not specify.

4 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 5

I've always used it bubbly straight out of the bottle. It tastes great!

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 5

Either really. I usually just pop the bottle, pour myself a glass and then use whatever amount I need for the cake. I cork it and stick it back in the fridge for the next time that I need some. You arent going to get a fizzy cake, you will just taste the flavor of the champagne.

I use pink champagne in french vanilla cake batter with some minced strawberries. You can also flavor your BC with some strawberry flavoring or a couple of spoons of strawberry jam and a couple of tbsp of champagne. Its very yummy in BC.

sable905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sable905 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:05am
post #4 of 5

Thank you for letting me know! I will definately be saving some for myself icon_smile.gif

jenniferus2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferus2002 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 5

When i make my champagne cakes i just use Loranns oils. I find that the oils taste better and you don't have to worry about subbing anything out, just add the oils at the end to the right flavor you are looking for. I have always gotten great reviews for doing it this way. Plus it might be cheaper than buying a good bottle of champagne. Good luck and HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%