Pme 5 Petal Cutters

Decorating By LovesPekes Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm by Ballymena

LovesPekes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovesPekes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:57am
post #1 of 6

I'm trying to decide on a set of 5 petals cutters that I'd like to purchase partly to make fondant roses with and also to be able to use as a cookie cutter since I think these cutters make great retro looking flowers.

The PME 5 petal cutters range in size from 1 1/4 in to 2 in. Is this the diameter of the cutter or the length of each petal? 2 inches sounded small for a cutter so I'm hoping the overall diameter is 4 inches.

I'd love to hear from any that have these cutters so I can know for sure what size diameter these cutters really are.

Thanks in advance,
Kim C

5 replies
Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:34am
post #2 of 6

It's the diameter, I can't see anyone making a flower with a 4" diameter cutter, that would have to be a cookie cutter.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:43am
post #3 of 6

I actually have these cutters and the large one does make a lovely cookie cutter but comes in handy when making those gynormous cabbage roses too...... not an everyday rose but definitely easier with the big ones.

I have the approx. 1 3/4ish, 2 1/4", 3" and 4" cutters. they are very nice and again, very unique cookie cutters when the mood strikes. I was just playing with mine earlier and they have the peaked edges (at least mine do)......Oh, Just thought of something.....are the ones you are looking at open-top, cream colored or the pink closed ones?

I like the open top ones and have the pink closed top, which work fine for flowers but will not be too much help with cookie dough.... hmmm.
icon_rolleyes.gif

LovesPekes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovesPekes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 6

I'm looking at the cream colored ones like in the photo below. I'm new to making roses with fondant so I wasn't sure what to expect with these cutters since I've seen a couple of other 5 petal cutters that go up to 4 inches.
LL

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 6

I got a set of ateco cookie cutters it's the same look but it goes from really small to really big. I haven't used it yet though.

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 6

I stand to be corrected, thanks for the info, I have never seen these but now I will look for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%