Need Ideas/help With Making A Vacuum Cleaner Cake

Decorating By catgirl Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 10:19pm by BakingGirl

catgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catgirl Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 2

I would like to make a 3-D upright vacuum cleaner cake for my son. I was thinking of using an 8" square cake for the bottom and a 9 x 13 for the upright part. I'm wondering if it will be too hard to stand up and if it will fall down. Does anybody have any ideas on making it a 3-D cake, or should I just make it a picture of a vacuum cleaner on a sheet cake (boring)?

1 reply
BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 2

Now this one caught my attention! Not many vacuum cleaner cakes about! But why not, and why not make it a 3-D cool cake.

I think you may have a hard time getting a 9x13 to stand upright on a 8" square, it depends on the angle but even supported by a cake board behind it I would think it would crumple at the bottom. What about stacking many squares on top of each other to the right height and then just carve the shape? Or do the base as cake and the rest as RCT so at least it is not too heavy.

I usually use Google Image for ideas for cakes, and just eyeball it and make it up as I go along. I have some more cakes I need to upload to my gallery but I have done some challenging ones recently.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%