Silverwood Round Mini Pans - 2Inch Or 2.5Inch?

Decorating By LittleGem Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 10:38am by LittleGem

LittleGem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleGem Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie on here and have a quick question...

I'm planning to get a set of Silverwood round mini pans but am unsure whether to go for the 2inch or 2.5inch?

Does anyone have any advise on which ones are better? I understand the square ones are 2inch, so am guessing that if I wanted to use the same recipe, I would be better off going for the 2.5inch I think?!!

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

Gem x icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 8

Well, I have the 2" ones and wish I had ordered the 2.5" ones. The 2.5" ones are a little closer to the size of an "American" cupcake. Either size would go well with the 2" square (which I also have but have not yet used icon_redface.gif ), but batter requirements would be closer to the same with the 2.5" round.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 8

I have 2.5 pans and they work good for me. I find they fit with the 2 squares and looke balanced when placed together, if ever needed. They also use about the same amount of batter (2.5 round to 2 squares) in my experience. Very limited experience.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 8

I have the 2.5 also, and love them. I will say that it is more work that I thought to cover these, so make sure you charge accordingly.

jlynnw Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:04am
post #5 of 8

deetmar you are so very right!

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:52am
post #6 of 8

Hmmm...I think that I would go with a deep biscuit cutter and a sheet cake icon_wink.gif

jlynnw Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:44pm
post #7 of 8

I've tried that as well and love my 2.5. The cake are always perfect. They don't crumb so easy making them easier to work with. They are a pain as it is and the money is well spent IMO.

LittleGem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleGem Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:38am
post #8 of 8

Big thanks to everyone for all your help, it's been really helpful.

I think I will go for the 2.5 inch

Thanks again everyone!!

Gem icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%