Can Any Uk Members Help Me With Wholesalers?

Decorating By joanna3292 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 9:39am by joanna3292

joanna3292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanna3292 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 5

I have just spent the last couple of hours surfing the web trying to find a good wholesaler for cake boxes and boards/drums. I am having trouble finding them in my local highstreet and the only shop selling them charge £1.50 for a square board (one of the really thin ones). I want to buy drums in quantities of 10 or 20 and boxes as well.

I seem to use my 8" round cake tin the most so Im looking for drums that are 9" and 9" boxes. I presume a 9" round drum will fit into a 9" square box. I also need some 10" square drums with 10" square boxes. I would also buy some of the cheaper thinner boards for lighter cakes. Ive found one website which seems pretty good (Rye-Pac) but the cake boxes are only 4" high which seems a little shallow considering there will be a drum in there as well and sometimes a fondant figure on the top. Can someone give me some direction as to what boxes/boards/drums you use the most and where you get them! Thanks so much

4 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 5

Hi there, I buy my cake boards and boxes from Almond Art. But I don't buy them in bulk even though they do bulks. Here is the link for you.

http://www.almondart.com/acatalog/index.html

I think if you spen more £40 or £60, the delivery is free.

The other one is called Sugarshack, and they do free delivery if its more than £40 I think!

http://www.sugarshack.co.uk/index.html

There is another seller on EBAY, and they are called Confectioners Paradise. That guy is very helpfull. try them as well.

thumbs_up.gif

londonpeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
londonpeach Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 5

I was also going to say almondart....their stack boxes are quite reasonable as well, I have bought 1....not opened it yet as it's for friends wedding cake in April icon_wink.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

Yeah, the stack boxes are fantastic, as they are made to store American style cakes. They sometimes have offers on them as well. icon_smile.gif

joanna3292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanna3292 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:39am
post #5 of 5

thanks so much, i just wish i had asked on her before wasting half of yesterday searching the internet..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%