Mmf (My First Batch)

Decorating By Wesha Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 11:57am by sweetjan

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 18

Guys,

I am thrilled. I just made my first batch of MMF following the tutorial listed here on CC. I started the batch in my Heritage Mixmaster and then transferred the mixture to my sanitized table of course to finish the kneading process. I think that it turned out great. I wrapped it tightly (2x) in plastic wrap and put it in a ziplock bag. I am going to let it rest and try putting it on a cake tomorrow. Wish me luck. I will post the results hopefully great tomorrow. If it turns out disasterous I will still post pics so you guys can let me know what to do different next time.

toodles

Benisha

17 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 18

This could be the start of something serious!

Let us know how it goes!

Wesha Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:38am
post #3 of 18

Here are the final results. I was thrilled as this is my first time making MMF and decorating a cake with it. Practice makes perfect. I had trouble with the fondant ribbon around the base and stretching it to make sure it was smooth. I hid those areas the best that I could.
LL

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:43am
post #4 of 18

That looks fabulous! Congratulations!

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:55am
post #5 of 18

Great Job, can't even tell you had issues..beautiful!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 18

Well done!

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesha

Guys,

I am thrilled. I just made my first batch of MMF following the tutorial listed here on CC. I started the batch in my Heritage Mixmaster and then transferred the mixture to my sanitized table of course to finish the kneading process. I think that it turned out great. I wrapped it tightly (2x) in plastic wrap and put it in a ziplock bag. I am going to let it rest and try putting it on a cake tomorrow. Wish me luck. I will post the results hopefully great tomorrow. If it turns out disasterous I will still post pics so you guys can let me know what to do different next time.

toodles

Benisha

Hi Benisha:
Where did you find the MMF Tutorial?

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 18

Your cake looks perfect! I have to cover a cake tomorrow (I am using Michele Foster's fondant); it it comes out looking half as great, I will be thrilled!

Wesha Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesha

Guys,

toodles

Benisha

Hi Benisha:
Where did you find the MMF Tutorial?

Under the Articles section listed here on CC.

thanks

Benisha

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:02pm
post #10 of 18

Congrats! I am going to be trying MMF soon and have heard that the brand of marshamallows makesa big difference. May I ask, what type did you use?

Thanks!

Wesha Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:13pm
post #11 of 18

I used Kraft Jet Puff Mini MM.

thanks

Benisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Congrats! I am going to be trying MMF soon and have heard that the brand of marshamallows makesa big difference. May I ask, what type did you use?

Thanks!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:25pm
post #12 of 18

Thanks, Benisha! I at least need to make some MMF as my daughter wants to start making 3-d figures for cupcakes, etc., and this looks to be the way to go.

Sweet-Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Kakes Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:03pm
post #13 of 18

I, too, had great results using MMF for the first time. It was my first fondant every!! I used the alternative MMF recipe on this site under recipes. Here are the results.

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:32am
post #14 of 18

Looks Great!

Flexible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flexible Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:43am
post #15 of 18

It looks great! Beautifully done! thumbs_up.gif

mamabrat13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabrat13 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:49am
post #16 of 18

Awesome job!

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:43am
post #17 of 18

Just a note. If you are going to use MMF to make figures you either need to mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with gumpaste OR mix in 1/2 tsp. of tylose powder in it so that it will harden.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:57am
post #18 of 18

Wow, you did a beautiful job. Great work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%