What Is Pastry Pride Topping

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 2:28am by kakeladi

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #1 of 2

I want to make ShirleyW Bavarian Cream Filling and it calls for Pastry Pride Topping...I have never heard of it and googled it and it looks like its a frozen whipped cream topping....is this true....is it like cool whip? Thanks.

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:28am
post #2 of 2

It is a non dairy whipped cream substitute. CoolWhip is much more water(?).......much thinner in consistency. You can get it at stores like Smart N Final; Cash & Carry; some cake supply shops; GFS.
A similar product is Rich's "Bettercreme".
For that recipe you could sub whipping cream but then it would have to be kept in the frig.

Quote by @%username% on %date%