Does Mmf Keep?

Decorating By Sweet-Kakes Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 2:27am by Deb_

Sweet-Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Kakes Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 7

I am wondering if it is OK to make several batches of MMF ahead of time just to have in inventory. I have a cake coming up this Saturday, so I made the MMF last weekend (and colored it red and black). It is wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, and put in an air-tight bowl with a lid, in the fridge. I also made several batches of uncolored, just to have around for those last-minute cakes that always seem to come up. Does anyone know how long MMF lasts stored like this? Thanks!

6 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:11am
post #2 of 7

It keep quite nicely when wrapped tight in plastic and kept in the fridge.

perfectcakebyshirley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
perfectcakebyshirley Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 7

For how long?

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 7

I have never refrigerated mine! I wrap it tightly with a rub of Crisco, and in a tupperware container. I've had mine for several months.
When I chop off a piece that I need, I nuke it for about 10 seconds and it's perfect. Just did this last night with a cake.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 7

I do like vickymackd, and have good results a month or so later when I take it out of the tupperware......

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:38am
post #6 of 7

you freeze it?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:27am
post #7 of 7

I never freeze my MMF. I coat in shortening wrap tightly in a couple layers of plastic wrap and put inside an airtight bag. I leave at room temperature and have used it after 1 month, it tastes and works fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%