Omg!!!! What Do I Do!!!!

Decorating By heater79 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 11:33am by brincess_b

heater79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heater79 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 16

Hi Everyone!!!!
I just got an order from my bf's best friends wife. My problem is she wants me to do a cake for her husband my boyfriend and his twin brother!!!! ALL IN ONE CAKE!!!!! EEEEKKKKK!!!
How am i going to incorporate all three in one cake!!!
My only thought was to do a three tier and each tier would be for each birthday boy. To incorporate all three individuals.
I also thought about finding out a common ground for all three and doing something that way.
I am so icon_confused.gif and overwhelmed cause its not just an order its for my bf of a year!!
Talk about pressure!!

15 replies
volleyball47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
volleyball47 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 16

i think a 3 tier cake with each tier representing a different guy is a good idea! good luck!

tiawanna02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiawanna02 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 16

think of their interest.... do they like soccer, football, poker, etc
hey...I got an idea make a cake that looks like boobs, all guys likes those. lol just joking but it's true

mpaigew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpaigew Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiawanna02

hey...I got an idea make a cake that looks like boobs, all guys likes those. lol just joking but it's true

Hahaha! That is a common ground, for sure!

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiawanna02

icon_lol.gif

on each tier mold a little character of each guy icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 16

I would try to do a common theme cake b/c if you do 3 tiers someone's cake is going to be bigger and you know how guys are about something being bigger!! haha

I agree with the boob cake!!

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 16

Is it for a combined birthday?

Are any of these guys ones who will start whining "how come his cake is on the top and my cake is on the bottom?"?
or "how come his cake is bigger?"?

Big boys can still be little boys sometimes! icon_wink.gif

If so, then you could do one generic birthday cake and incorporate individual things all over the cake.

Or, like you said, find common ground>

sunkiss456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunkiss456 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 16

I am new to cake decorating but an idea I had and might use would be have one large sheet cake as the bottom layer and maybe 2 small round cakes staked on top of the sheet but have 1 round cake on one side and another on the other side and just put a different scene on each of the round cakes and the left over space on the sheet cake use the last different scene. Sorry I can't think of the correct cake pan sizes on how you could do this but I have the image in my head, sorry not much help I know lol. I am still new to cake making. Maybe I can find a picture to use as an example.

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:35pm
post #9 of 16

ah ha, you beat me to the punch janelwaters!

great minds think alike!

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:38pm
post #10 of 16

I made a birthdday cake for two, not related, girls, one 8 year old and the other a teenager.
So I created a commom cake for girls, 2 tiers with flowers, and modeled each girl sitting on the edge of each layer.
They liked!
That's is just an idea. You can use a guys theme for the cakes and put all the boys together.
HTH.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:39pm
post #11 of 16

Boys will be boys!!!! HAHAHAHA!!

What about a beer cake - the cake in my picture is actually 3 different cakes- all the same size! You could do each their own favorite cake flavor and filling.....

just another idea.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:40pm
post #12 of 16

I'm guessing they're all friends? They must have a favorite team/sport you could use.

There's always boobs, too. Or beer. Boobs, beer...beer, boobs....what else is there in a man's mind?

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:40pm
post #13 of 16

Is there something they all do together? Say, play poker? Or cheer for the Alouettes? Then you could make one cake for all and just add a little personal touch for each. For example, with the poker cake you could make 3 hands of cards out of fondant...
If you're SUPER talented you could make a couch cake with the three of them watching a game...

Sorry I can't help you with the particulars, this is way out of my league! icon_sad.gif But one can have ideas, no? icon_rolleyes.gif

heater79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heater79 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:52pm
post #14 of 16

Thanks Everyone!!!!
Yes they are all friends two of them are twin brothers.
One of the twins is my boyfriend!!!!
The boobs is a great idea but i wanted something more personal, I am going to have to do a bit more research to find out what kind of stuff they like.....kinda hard to ask questions to my boyfriend without him getting to curious. And I have not met the twin as he lives quite far.
Thanks for ALL your help with the great ideas.
Keep em coming if you have any more I have till the end of April to be done!

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 11:00pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by heater79

.....kinda hard to ask questions to my boyfriend without him getting to curious.

my family and friends and DBF have learned to just answer the questions i ask... and not try to figure things out!

it comes with time icon_smile.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:33am
post #16 of 16

how about cars? you could get an edible image of each guy and put it in the window? either cake cars, or sheet cake racing across or tiers racing around, with smaller model cars.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%