Cake Serving

Decorating By veronica970206 Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 1:03pm by veronica970206

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 11

I have 2 wedding cakes, and one is for 150 people and the other is for 200 people, does anyone know how much each size cake serves? For 200 people, would I make a 12, 10, 8 and 6, or 14, 12, 10, 8 and 6? The Bride for the 150 guests, she is not wanting to save the 6" cake, so for her, would I just make a 12, 10, 8 and 6? I use Wilton pans, are they the same measurements as other cake pans? Someone told me once they do measure differently, but I thought a 12" cake pan is the same as any other 12" cake pan? I tried looking on the site for a cake serving chart, but could not find one, if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thank you so much, Sincerely, Veronica

10 replies
KrazyK8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyK8 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 11

I was looking for this too! I've seen it so many times, but now I can't find it when I need it.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 11
brannendeville Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brannendeville Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 11

I go buy this serving chart :

http://www.earlenescakes.com/ckserchart.htm

HTH

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 11

I go by Wilton. But, yes, a 9" pan is a 9" pan, no matter who makes it. Unless it's a guy, because his 9" pan is really only 5".

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/cake-cutting-guides/wedding-cake-cutting-guide.cfm

brannendeville Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brannendeville Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

yes, a 9" pan is a 9" pan, no matter who makes it. Unless it's a guy, because his 9" pan is really only 5".

I LOVE it!! I needed a good laugh today!

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 11
flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:23pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:

I go by Wilton. But, yes, a 9" pan is a 9" pan, no matter who makes it. Unless it's a guy, because his 9" pan is really only 5".

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

thepinklotusstore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thepinklotusstore Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:42pm
post #9 of 11

Another way of getting serving sizes for a cake is to use the geometrical equation for the area of a circle, yes yes it sounds dorky but if you use

Area= pi (3.14) times radius square

then divide by the serving size it really gives you an exact amount of servings! I was doing it the other day cause I kept getting all a\\different servings from different websites!

EG: 2" servings for an 8" cake

3.14 x 4x4 =50.24
50.24 divided by 2 = 25.12 servings that are 2"x 2"x 4"
just my 2 cents!

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 4:55am
post #10 of 11
Quote:

So true!!! Men really to have a different reality!!

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:03pm
post #11 of 11

I would LOVE to see my Husband try to make an 8" cake using any of my pans, I remember one time he tried making a duck cake from the 3D duck mold cake pan, he went through 8 cake mix boxes!!!! I wouldnt dare let him use any of my ingredients and my recipes to only fail (Sad to say). I mean he just kept going and going and he use to tell me, cake decorating, not like that is a hard thing to do, and I said ok, I have this cake order and they want the duck, so you are in charge of making it, Thank God the cake was for his friend, after he made the duck he said you may not want to eat the duck, it will probably be pretty dry, I almost fell over. I mean can you imagine, LOL!!!!! I just walked out of the room. Again, thank goodness it was his friend's Son's cake, the cake in general looked awesome, but boy oh boy did the duck look interesting, it was just dark, the neck would come out still filled with batter, and he would cook it accordingly, just one thing after another, the frustration just kept building, it was intense and humorous to watch all at the same time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%