Strawberry Cake Recipe?

Baking By apieceofcake-dolores Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 8:55am by MLopardi

apieceofcake-dolores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apieceofcake-dolores Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 9

A friend has requested a strawberry cake...anyone have a great recipe for one? Thanks!

8 replies
yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 9

Here is a link to one I just tried a few weekends ago - it was a BIG hit! My MIL said the cupcakes were to die for, and hubby and I couldn't stop sneaking pieces of the cake!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/simply-delicious-strawberry-cake-recipe/index.html

I didn't do the strawberry cream cheese icing, instead I used the recipe in the CC galleries for crusting cream cheese icing.

HTH!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 9
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 9

yellowbutterfly, the cake you mention is very much like the strawberry cake in Cake Mix Doctor. Both are good cakes to run with. I have found that using the white cake mix as a base is much preferred to starting with the strawberry cake mix which screams fake pink cake!

apieceofcake-dolores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apieceofcake-dolores Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you so much guys!! : )

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:26am
post #6 of 9

MacsMom uses the WASC recipe as her base, but uses 1 box of strawberry & 1 box of white mix. Then strawberry nectar instead of water. If you wanted berries in there you could do 1/2 nectar, 1/2 pureed strawberries. (this is for a full recipe)

WASC is White Almond Sour Cream cake, can be found in the recipes.

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 1:14am
post #7 of 9

What is strawberry nectar. Never saw it before. Which part of the grocery store do I get this

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:43am
post #8 of 9

Nectar is normally in the Latino/Mexican food. They usually come in cans, although some places have it in the cooler section w/ oj. My Walmart doesn't have it, but Food Lion & kroger do. there are about 5 different flavors here.

MLopardi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MLopardi Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:55am
post #9 of 9

Here's the one I use. It's like a fluffy pound cake with a nice authentic strawberry flavor. You may decide to add coloring to it otherwise it comes out a natural peachy color. It is dense enough to hold up under fondant, but very moist:

1 C butter - room temp
3/4 C sugar
5 eggs - room temp
2 1/2 C cake flour
1 T baking powder
1 1/2 C strawberry jam

With hand held mixer beat butter and sugar on high until fluffy (about 4 minutes). On medium, add eggs one at a time (will start to separate-no worries though) In separate bowl combine cake flour and baking powder. By hand, mix this into the butter-eggs-sugar mixture. As it comes together, add the strawberry jam. Bake at 350. Makes two 8" cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%