You Know Your Hooked...

Baking By Twopeasinapod Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 4:49pm by GayeG

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:36am
post #1 of 10

when you enter a store and immediatly start looking for containers to put cookie bouquets in! icon_redface.gif

My husband will lose me and then I will reappear with about 3-5 containers that are just "perfect" for so or so!

I know that I am not the only one out there that does this, but he thinks he is the only husband that has to put up with this cookie-itis illness!!!

9 replies
DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:25am
post #2 of 10

Tell him he can rest assured... he's NOT!! My hubby is right there with him. I can turn ANY conversation to either cake or cookies in 2.3 seconds flat!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 10

when everything you see would make a cute cookie....i even took a picture while doing laundry of my daughter's underwear cuz they had such cute flowers. now that's bad

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 10

Oh, yeah, been there done that! While visiting my parents, my sister and I went to their "White Elephant" store. (Think GoodWill...only bigger). I was browsing thru some old needle work magazines, and ended up buying 3 of them because they had designs that would be great as cookies. And there was even a recipe in one of them for rolled out peanut butter cookies....it uses crushed corn flakes...it cost me 10 cents. I can't wait to give it a try!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 10

Oh, Kneadacookie, that is funny! I had 'underwear inspiration' as well. I was picking up my son's undershirt for the umpteenth time and commented to him how amazing it was that his dirty clothes just jumped out of the laudry basket and ran back into his room. Immediately, I envisioned a cookie of an undershirt and underwear with mischevious grins and running legs. Okay, I didn't do it, but I thought about it! Yes, everything can indeed be a cookie! icon_lol.gif

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 10

I always carry a pen and paper in my purse, and on many occasions while out shopping I'll stop in the middle of an aisle and start sketching a little picture of something I saw that would make a "really cute cookie". I do the same if I'm in a waiting room and am flipping through magazines and see something that would make a "really cute cookie". It seems that since I started making cookies, I look at so many things in a different way. I've never been an artist or considered myself creative, but there is definitely something going on that has changed the way I see things. I think it's called "cookies on the brain"!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 10

i never leave home without my camera!!!!

cookies on the brain sounds better than cookies for brains...lol

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles13

It seems that since I started making cookies, I look at so many things in a different way. I've never been an artist or considered myself creative, but there is definitely something going on that has changed the way I see things. I think it's called "cookies on the brain"!

It's cookieitis, and you know you've been infected when you start seeing cookie designs everywhere you go! That simple hobby has turned into an obsession, and you resent the fact that you can't spend hours every day in the kitchen turning those ideas into cookies. Instead, you have to go to work...unless you're someone like kneadacookie who does it for a living. The lucky dog.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:15am
post #9 of 10

I knew I had it bad when I saw a friend wearing a tee shirt with about 50 guitars on it and I walked up to him and asked him if I could borrow the shirt to make about 50 very cool guitar cookies using his shirt as inspiration. icon_lol.gif His answer -- only if I can have the cookies! icon_biggrin.gif It's a done deal, I'm hooked! icon_lol.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:49pm
post #10 of 10

Hi .. My name is Gaye and I too have an addiction!
Im not sure I have the "cookie-itis" (but thats sure funny!!I like that!) but I DO have a serious addiction to those pesky containers Twopeasinapod !! *argh* I'm like all of ^^^^ ... except ALWAYS ALWAYS looking for ANYTHING with a hole in the top of it - or even something I can "bouquet-ify"! Sorry, but I too am addicted! icon_wink.gif

And the underware and guitar stories are too funny! Thanx ya'll - I needed that laugh today!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%