Mustang Car Cake

Decorating By Chribo Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 2:19am by Chribo

Chribo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chribo Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:43am
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

I accepted a job for a Mustang (newer version) sculpted cake. As a result of unable to say no, I may have gotten in over my head. I have limited sculpting experience. I have a feeling this is going to be a do or die kind of situation.

Any pearls of wisdom out there?

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Chriibo icon_cry.gif javascript:emoticon('icon_cry.gif')

3 replies
elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:53am
post #2 of 4

Order Mike McCary's DVD@www. mikesamazingcakes.com. I used it and made a "69 camaro race car.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 4

I just made a corvette stingray in a class yesterday. it wasn't too bad. I learned some neat tricks. If you're not planning on lifting the car off the board, you just carve it in at the very bottom all around. It makes it appear to be off the ground a bit. We started out carving the hood, then worked our way up to the top part of the car, the windshield and such, then worked our way around to the back and then just kept spinning the cake around cutting here and there making sure it was symmetrical and such. We cut out the wheel wells second to last and then carved in the bottom at an angle like I mentioned above.
LL

Chribo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chribo Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 4

thank you so much for the quick reply. I just ordered the dvd. I am kind of nervous, it is a bit expensive. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Thank you again.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%