Finally Posting Pictures Of Our Shop

Business By PieceofCakeAZ Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 2:29pm by christeena

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:46am
post #1 of 44

Our shop is a little weird, it's completely intentional though. I wanted to make certain that if the brides we meet with are meeting with 5 other companies... that our shop looks nothing like the other 4. Plus, I spend a lot of time there, and I like to be surrounded by stuff I like. icon_cool.gif

R2D2 is the best trash can ever!!!

I needed something to put in that gap, so potato heads were the obvious choice

Go Suns!!!

For some reason I have no pics of the kitchen on my computer... but I will take some when I remember.

For fans of The Office... yes those are Michael & Dwight bobble heads on the water cooler... and you can't really tell but those are Dunder Mifflin mousepads on the tables. icon_biggrin.gif

43 replies
lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:59am
post #2 of 44

LOL...I LOVE the R2D2!! And I think it's a great idea to make it different so you stand out! It looks really great. Congrats to you and good luck!

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:02am
post #3 of 44

its so cool.... i love the sayings on the black circles.... All the very best!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:22am
post #4 of 44

yay, yay, yay Pieceofcake, I'm going to have to come see you icon_biggrin.gif I'm in Gilbert, just a stone's throw away.

I'm out in your direction at least once a week. I might have to make time to stop by and say hi.

We LOVE The Office, so you get two thumbs up for me. Speaking of The Office, have to go find that Office cake thread and see what she came up with...

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:24am
post #5 of 44

Love it! I like it when people think outside the box and do the unexpected.

One suggestion, though. Move your water dispenser over to the right a foot to block the view of the cord and plug. Seeing the cord like that ruins the effect!

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:28am
post #6 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Love it! I like it when people think outside the box and do the unexpected.

One suggestion, though. Move your water dispenser over to the right a foot to block the view of the cord and plug. Seeing the cord like that ruins the effect!

I know... I hate that cord so much! Unfortunately the messed up phone jack the cooler is covering is much worse than the cord. icon_redface.gif

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:30am
post #7 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

yay, yay, yay Pieceofcake, I'm going to have to come see you icon_biggrin.gif I'm in Gilbert, just a stone's throw away.

I'm out in your direction at least once a week. I might have to make time to stop by and say hi.

We LOVE The Office, so you get two thumbs up for me. Speaking of The Office, have to go find that Office cake thread and see what she came up with...

Cool! Give us a call (or a PM) and let me know when you are coming! We keep the door locked tight all day. icon_biggrin.gif

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:35am
post #8 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlin28

LOL...I LOVE the R2D2!! And I think it's a great idea to make it different so you stand out! It looks really great. Congrats to you and good luck!

I love it too! That was most I ever spent on a trash can but it was totally worth it! icon_biggrin.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:35am
post #9 of 44

What about moving the R2D2 over to the other side to hide the cord and having the cooler face front? Replace the cord and outlet with a black one?

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:36am
post #10 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwa

its so cool.... i love the sayings on the black circles.... All the very best!

Thanks! The sign under "SpiderSpud" says "With great cake comes great responsibility". icon_smile.gif

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:37am
post #11 of 44

That is one seriously cool shop!

bizatchgirl Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:42am
post #12 of 44

I'm use to people being on here all the time, thinking it's probably a decent time where they are at...I've just realized since you're here you're nuts like me up at 2:00am talking about cake stuff!!

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:43am
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

What about moving the R2D2 over to the other side to hide the cord and having the cooler face front? Replace the cord and outlet with a black one?

I had considered the just getting a black extension cord and painting the outlet face & faceplate black (or purple to match the wall) but I have been lazy.

Unfortunately I can't move R2 to the other side because there is a sofa there (about an inch outside of the pic) and it would cut off sitting space.

We did just hire someone so hopefully I will have some free time in the coming weeks to get some of the things that bug me fixed. Although it may be a moot point because our neighbor is moving out and we may take that suite too and Demo that wall. icon_smile.gif

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:47am
post #14 of 44
Quote:

I'm use to people being on here all the time, thinking it's probably a decent time where they are at...I've just realized since you're here you're nuts like me up at 2:00am talking about cake stuff!!

Up until we hired our first employee 2 weeks ago, my wife & I were the only staff... I am used to getting almost no sleep. icon_biggrin.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:03am
post #15 of 44

I seem to recall from when we talked last, and I checked out your site, that you also hike or do marathons too. Wow! I bet you have been busy!

Was it you who told me you may someday sell supplies too? There is no one in the east valley (that I know of) and the people at ABC are just jerks, I hate to keep giving them my money thumbsdown.gif

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:10am
post #16 of 44
Quote:

I seem to recall from when we talked last, and I checked out your site, that you also hike or do marathons too. Wow! I bet you have been busy!

Was it you who told me you may someday sell supplies too? There is no one in the east valley (that I know of) and the people at ABC are just jerks, I hate to keep giving them my money thumbsdown.gif

That hiking/marathon guy must have been someone in better shape than me. icon_redface.gif

I don't know if we will ever carry supplies, we've thought about it but have never had the space. We may have the space soon, but right now we are staying focused on the wedding cake biz. I need another me to do all of the stuff I don't have time for. icon_biggrin.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:23am
post #17 of 44

I just checked your site out, and it definitely wasn't you I'm thinking of. Someone else who has a shop in our area. Now that I think on it, they are around the Fiesta Mall area.

Great job on your shop. It certainly does pop, and I think it will have exactly the effect that you want. It will make you stand out from all the other shops that are so normal.

I hope you can take a break now and then, now that you actually have an employee icon_lol.gif

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:31am
post #18 of 44

Thanks! Our shop has actually been the same for almost 3 years ... I just finally got around to posting pics. So far so good. icon_biggrin.gif

dulcefactoria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulcefactoria Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:06am
post #19 of 44

Wow!

I love the wall's color and the messages, my husband loves R2D2 trash can...we love everything!!!

Are the tables and chairs from Ikea?

We are in the process of opening our store and we are using Ikea's furniture!

Congratulations!!

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:05pm
post #20 of 44

Love everything! It's really nice and you will definately stand out. Also, I think it shows your personality you guys must be cool to work with.

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:36pm
post #21 of 44

Too cool! I love the screen you have on the wall for your consult table. I looked at your website. Does the same person do the wedding cakes that does the other occasion cakes? It looks like it would be a different decorator. I would love to have two good decorators? icon_smile.gif

laurie0428 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurie0428 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 4:00pm
post #22 of 44

Really cool!! I love the colors!! So fun!!! icon_smile.gif

laurie0428 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurie0428 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 4:00pm
post #23 of 44

Really cool!! I love the colors!! So fun!!! icon_smile.gif

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:12pm
post #24 of 44

You're shop looks amazing

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:44pm
post #25 of 44

Just the kind of place I would want to spend time in! Very cool!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:59pm
post #26 of 44

I love everything about your shop. Unique but still a place of business. Very well done.
And oh---my---gosh!!!! Michael Scott and Dwight Schroot BOBBLEHEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Best wishes to you, and please do keep us posted. You look like someone fun to do business with, and I'm sure that will show through your growth!!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:24pm
post #27 of 44

Great pics.........sweetjan beat me to the Michael Scott and Dwight Schroot bobblehead comment.........LOVE THEM!

Good luck!!!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:49pm
post #28 of 44

Hi,
I'm glad you posted pictures of your shop. I am looking forward to the kitchen photos.
I like the computer monitors by the consult tables. What a great idea.
R2D2 is a cute trash can. I bet you get a lot of fun comments about him.
The cakes on display look well above little hands that might want to reach out and touch something pretty. Who knows, maybe that includes big hands too. icon_lol.gif

Thank you for sharing.

-Debbie B.

SusanaDalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusanaDalia Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:45pm
post #29 of 44

Your shop looks so whimsical and fun. Congratulations, and I wish you luck. By the way, the cakes aren't too bad either, wink wink!

Edited to add: I see now you have had it open for 3 years, good continuous luck, then!

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:59pm
post #30 of 44

Congrats on the new shop and I like the decorations a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%