Help With Fondant Ribbon/bow

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 1:24am by Price

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 2

I had planned on putting a fondant ribbon and bow around the bottom of a cake. I don't have the space enough to cut in 1 solid piece- that would be one long piece. Do you guys cut and piece together for bigger cakes? If not do you have any suggestions?

1 reply
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:24am
post #2 of 2

How large of a cake are you trying to put the fondant ribbon around? I use a large piece of vinyl on my kitchen table to roll the fondant out on. I then cut the length strip I need. If it's a large piece I roll it up and then unroll it around the cake and make sure the seam is in the back. If you don't have enough space to roll your ribbon in one piece, just do it in two pieces and try to make the seam as neat as possible. Depending on your design, maybe you can put some kind of decoration at the seam to help hide it. The cake I did yesterday has a 3/4" white fondant ribbon around the bottom. It was an 8" cake and I was able to do the ribbon in one piece. Make sure you handle the fondant gently when applying it to the cake, if it's alittle soft it will stretch out of shape. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%