What To Put Between Layers/tiers

Decorating By dsimkovic Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 12:56am by indydebi

dsimkovic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsimkovic Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:49am
post #1 of 2

I posted this before...but the post, sadly, became a victim of the crash that happened a few months ago and now the thread is empty. icon_smile.gif

(I forgot I had even posted it actually and I came on here to post the same question and saw that I had already asked it) lol

Anyway, I generally haven't been putting anything under my tiers when I stack cakes, but I'm sure I should. My cake teacher told me to use powdered sugar (I think...it's been a while)

What do you all use? I'm using BC and I'm going to have a 3 tier stacked cake.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:56am
post #2 of 2

I don't put anything. If you use a good crusting BC, there will be no sticking. I cut most of my wedding cakes, and there's never a problem when I take the cakes apart. I also don't wrap my cardboard in saran, wax or anything.

If you look at the tiers of cake on this page, http://cateritsimple.com/_wsn/page10.html , you can see the imprint of the plate from the upper tier (back when I used plates between tiers), which indicates that the plate not only was touching the bottom tier, but was pushing down onto the bottom tier. You'll also notice that the icing stayed in place when it was taken apart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%