Fundraiser

Business By saberger Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 11:08pm by Lori17201

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 7

My 5 yr old and I had an idea for a fundraiser for the local animal shelter, but have NO CLUE how this might work. It would involve making cookies (LOTS, hopefully), which would include the artwork of kids, which parents would pay for, and the $ would be given to the shelter. Since i would include edible images, I would like to get enough $ to cover just that aspect - otherwise I would donate the cost of ingredients and my time.

How can I pull this off? Is it a good idea or terrible? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

TIA

6 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 7

I love it! What a great way to raise money for a great cause!

saberger Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 7

thanks, but I don't know the ins & outs of what I can or cannot do regarding baked goods. Hence my request for help. I want to make $ for them, not for me to get into trouble. icon_wink.gif

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 7

I helped with a fundraiser very similar to this, the team leader asked the organization that they were donating to to supply the start up money(it was only about $50) you should try and ask them. the worst they can say is no

Lori17201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 7

We just had ours. Each year they hold a spaghetti dinner. Tickets are $5 and the local fire hall allows us the hall & kitchen for free. Desserts are by donation. If you look at my pictures you'll see what I donated this year.

good luck,

Lori

saberger Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 7

do I have to be a legal business?

Lori17201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 7

Discuss it with the shelter and their board of directors. They may have one that you aren't aware of and then you just organize your idea into what they already do.

Good luck,
Lori

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%