Help - Purse Cake

Decorating By HoHo5 Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 9:40pm by amie202

HoHo5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoHo5 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 3

I thought I posted this earlier but I don't see it any where.
So if this is a double I apologize.
I am trying to make my first 3-D purse for my son's girl friend.
Does any one have a pattern that they are willing to share of handles, zipper, corners and so forth.
I saw the directions on here, and I know there are a million purses out there but...
I'd really like this cake to be perfect and I am swamped this week.
Any template examples are GREATLY appreciated!
THANK YOU!

HoHo5

2 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 3

Wish i could help icon_smile.gif but unfortunatley ive never created one, But good luck and hope you post pics when u make it icon_smile.gif x

amie202 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amie202 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 3

I just did a purse cake without a template - actually I 've done the same purse cake two weeks in a row without a template. just go for it! Depending on how many people you need it to feed. If it is a small party you bake a 9 X13 cake (1 box) Then cut it into a 9 x 4 rectangle. then smaller rectangles stacked up as layers. If done it tall with 3 layers and short like a pill box purse with only two layers. Then cover the entire stack with fondant. then measure the top and make a Flap detail. If you want the handle to stand up I take a fondant gumpaste mix and run it through the linguine setting on the pasta machine. Twist it and shape into a handle and let dry on foam for at least overnight. Any questions pm me.

BTW - Colette peters birthday cake book has great instructions on two or three types of purses and then also a lipstick and a compact.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%