How Long Cake An Un- Iced Cake Be Frozen?

Decorating By kweenofengland Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 5:38pm by flamingobaker

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 6

For those of you who freeze cakes, how long can a cake be frozen and still be useable? i was making a baby shower cake for tomorrow and the cake has been frozen for 4 days already, but the shower has to be postponed due to an illness (please pray for the baby, he was adopted and has menegitis at 2 weeks old). The new date for the shower is unknown. also i made cake balls last night to go on the cake. they are in the fridge. can i freeze these as well and for how long? thanks! oh i have only frozen cakes for up to a week....so longer than that is unknown territory!

5 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 6

I have frozen a cake for over a month and tried it and it tasted great. I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as it was wrapped good.

brandywinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandywinecakes Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 6

I tested once to see how a cake that had been frozen for 2 months tasted and my family and I couldn't tell the difference. It tasted fresh. Like the above thread, along as it is wrapped good, I think you have plenty of time.

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 6

I hope the little one is okay. What a horrible thing to deal with! He and his parents will be in our thoughts.

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 6

thanks! for the advice and prayers! i will go and rewrap the cakes since i only have them in a garbage bag! but that has worked ok for a week! i think i have read on here that most people double wrap in saran wrap then in aluminum foil? that is what i will do! thanks. any advice on the cake balls? they are completely done!

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 6

Wrapped with plastic - foil - plastic, cake will keep for months. No worries.

Adoption is close to my heart so I will be praying for the family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%