Any Hell's Kitchen Fans????

Lounge By cakes22 Updated 18 May 2009 , 6:51am by melodyscakes

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 86

Just curious if you have any favourites to win. My pick Ji ousted herself, so now I'm leaning towards either Andrea or J.
Ramsay can be wayyyyyyy over the top but I like HK's better than Kitchen Nightmares. KN has horrible editing and is soooo predictable.
Mind you if you watched last nights HK, it was obivous that he was going to leave Seth (Forrest Gump) in. Ugh!!!
After the episode though, I was hungry for a steak..... icon_razz.gif

85 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 86

I haven't watched last nights yet. So i'll have to go turn on the DVR. But i'm a big fan of HK.

I would like to kick Lacy in the rear. She just annoys the hell out of me, and i really hope thats editing cause if she is that lost in real life shes in deep do do.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 86

I can't stop watching this show! Even though "next week" is always a big build up and the most "outrageous week yet" and I spend the whole week in anticipation only to watch an episode that is like every other episode. And yet I feel compelled to watch! (Just in case it IS the most outrageous episode of the season) icon_lol.gif

cakes22 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 86

Lacy drives me nuts! Lazy a**!!! Every weeks preview for the following show is "The most OUTRAGEOUS Hell's Kitchen EVER!" lol!!
Gotta love voice over guy.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 86

I love this show..I have been watching now for a few years!! I even have it on Wii..It's fun to play!! I can't wait for Lacey to go.She just reminds me of a lazy,whiny kid...It's going to be interesting to see who shines till the end because right now I can't see anyone becoming Ramsey's head chef!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 86

I can't watch Gordon Ramsey - he's such a big bully.

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 86

I love Gordon Ramsay. I had no idea there was a new season out.
I have to youtube it. We always get them months later over here.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 86

I loooove GR.... I wanna be him when I grow up and plus he's real hot! He's not a bully he just tells is straight out and I think the ppl he does it to really come back better for it - there's a reason he's so successful icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 10:01pm
post #9 of 86

I love Gordon Ramsay. I just finshed watching an episode of "The f Word". He comes across as much more human on that show. He gets his kids on there sometimes. His Mom and sister too.

Thought I'd die laughing when he was doing the Kitchen Nightmare show at the convent, a nunnery he called it that was converted into a restaurant. When he was in the confessional and had the different employees sittng on the other side, 'confessing'. It was hysterical.

In this 'f word' show I just watched he tossed a cookbook in the river or ocean and dude in America the hue and cry would ring loud and long over both these non-pc events.

But they were celebrity cookbooks he collected from people to be sent in and he shredded them. He said he received six of his own books and the people that sent those in he called cheeky. It was funny too.

He does dessert competitions on these where he often looses to his utter dismay--It's great when he looses--you can just see this angst all over him. He doesn't loose well but he's a good sport, very competitive...yes?!. It's a funny show.

He went to a prison & cooked with the inmates & all kinds of different places. He offered a job to one of the guys in the prison when he gets out 'cause he was really good.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:57pm
post #10 of 86

I LUV HK!!!! At our house, the saying is, "It's Thursday!! Crazy Chef is on tonight!!!"

I hope that blond older lady (runs a cooking school) stays on a while just because it's so entertaining the way she pi$$es him off! icon_lol.gif I luv it!!! She's definitely in the center of his dart board.

Yes, Lacy just absolutely makes my a$$ tired! Get her lazy butt off of there!

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:15am
post #11 of 86

We love this show. I actually learned how to make Risotto just because we kept seeing how everyone messed it up on the show.

Lacey HAS to go. She is so lazy and has such an attitude. I just want to reach thru the tv and slap the sh*t out of her.

The lady who runs the cooking school is clueless. Sometimes you wonder if they've ever watched the show before they went on. I can cook good but I know never to put myself on there because I wouldn't be able to do some of the things they do on there and I could definately not sit by meekly and say "Yes Chef" while he's in my face, I would probably go right back at him.

Barb

indydebi Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:21am
post #12 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaranoel

... I would probably go right back at him.

Barb

Was it the first episode where he was yelling at her (as they did their signature dish?) and she told him "I also teach manners!" Whoa! Our mouths dropped open and we thought she'd be gone the first day!

I'm with you ... I cook for a living and I would not sign up to be on this show. I'd never be able to keep up with the knowledge that he requires at that level.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 7:01pm
post #13 of 86

It's amazing how one can learn faster cooking from this show. I think GR is a good tv host. Who wants a "nice" chef when you are trying to whip these underlings in shape!! You need a kick-a** head chef to wean off the wimps and get to the good ones!! icon_lol.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #14 of 86

You know what I'm begining to find annoying? I know that lacey is slow and just gets on my nerves but I'm tired of the girls picking on her when she hasnt done anything wrong. Yeah the first day I was ready for her to go but the one day were she had to help the one girl make scallops they still dogged her. I dont think she even has a chance but I think they they shouldnt bother her when she hasnt done anything wrong. Like this week a customer ordered a ceasar salad and the customer didnt know it had anchovies on it, Lacy brought it back and the chef called her stupid and asked if she was trying to ruin the guys. How the heck could she know that the customer didnt know that ceasar salad had anchovies. Give me a break. I think they are trying to make her look stupider (if thats a word) for t.v

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 11:01pm
post #15 of 86

I L-O-V-E hells kitchen AND Gordon Ramsey!! We use his sayings all the time at our house!! "you look like a giant muffin!" (I think that was the first season!) and "BACK IN LINE!" I think he is funny as hell! I bust out laughing at least once during every show!!

When that one woman said to him "I also teach manners" - I thought I that was it for her!

I HATE LACEY!! She is lazy and whiney and doesn't do anything buy complain!!!

I can't believe that he kept creapy stalker Seth!!

I have no favorite yet this season - I kinda think they all suck right now! I was really happy that the girls won, but disappointed as well b/c I wanted Lacey gone!

Can't wait for next week!!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:18am
post #16 of 86

I love HK and Gordon Ramsey! He's on Facebook and I friend requested him, but he has not accepted me. icon_lol.gif I guess he's traveling and hasn't checked his page lately.

Lacey sucks, plain and simple. Her employers must have just checked for a pulse then hired her, because she just oozes attitude and laziness. I love when he calls people a donkey!

Kitchen Nightmares is also one of my favorites. I like to watch the American ones on BBC America because they show and say things that they don't in the US. Today they had on the gross Dillon's restaurant in NYC, where they sued to stop the show from airing.

cakes22 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:43pm
post #17 of 86

YEAH~ Gordon finally got rid of Seth! I liked last nights episode & thought Colleen cheering along with the little cheerleaders was hilarious. Too bad she isn't going to last much longer. For a "cooking instructor" she is horrible in the kitchen.
Also, did any one else notice that "J" refers to himself in the first person?? "J isn't happy with his performance!"
It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with "Jimmy"
"Jimmy really likes Elaine......." "Jimmy's going down......."
lol!

janelwaters Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:48pm
post #18 of 86

I am so glad that Seth is gone!!! I was really hoping that Colleen would have been the one out - her cheering with the cheerleaders drove me NUTS!! If I had been in the kitchen with her, I would have kicked her BUTT!!GET TO WORK!!

I loved how close it was though! I think the boys should have been punished further b/c they didn't finish the prep - why did they get to keep their tomato sauce and the girls didn't get any??? The girls should have gotten all the boys prep and the boys left to figure it out!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:31pm
post #19 of 86

I love Gordon Ramsey. I fell asleep during last night's show. Man did I need the sleep! I usually watch him on BBC America. I find those shows more interesting anyway. "The F Word" is a favorite of mine on BBCA. While you're there, check out "You Are What You Eat" and "How Clean is Your House". Too funny.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:49pm
post #20 of 86

Can't wait for next week when the big guy who postponed his wedding to be on there moons GR--OMG!!!

janelwaters Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 1:31am
post #21 of 86

That looks so funny!!! I cannot wait either, I forgot about it until you just said something.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 12:12am
post #22 of 86

I am glad Seth is gone....he really didn't have what it takes to be on the show. Lacey needs to go next, then the goofy lady that teaches cooking.
I can't wait until the next show.

melody

indydebi Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:11am
post #23 of 86

did you see the previews to next week?! THEY DROP THE CAKE!! icon_surprised.gif

Karema Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:14am
post #24 of 86

I requested Chef Ramsey on facebook and he accepted me!!Yay. I hope tha it really is him and not just some fan groupy.

janelwaters Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:16am
post #25 of 86

I SAW that!! I didn't think it was a very "great" cake for such a celebration at Hell's Kitchen! BUT - tragic none the less!!

Did Jean Phillip yell at the father of the boy whose night it was?? (in the previews for next week??)

I AM SO GLAD THAT COLLEEN IS GONE!!!

ok - back to cake and cookies...

Karema Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:19am
post #26 of 86

Ok I missed the end because American Idol went over. How the heck did colleen go home she wasnt even on the chopping block. Someone update me. Please...

cakes22 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:21pm
post #27 of 86

That was a great episode.

Karema: Colleen went cause J & Andrea were on the chopping block & I guess Ramsay knew that they each had an off night, whereas Colleen has had several off nights.

I'm sooooooo happy they blurred Robert's moon. We didn't need to see that!

Lacy was actually half decent last night. Not really likable but the sympathy was there from the men.

Yeah, that cake wasn't so hot.....

Anyone else think Jean-Phillip is just an actor hired to play the "role" of a Maitre D (spelling, sorry)? And did you know that Scott (the mens sous chef) hosted Extreme Food Challenge in the first season?

Looking forward to next week.

BTW: Ramsay was looking pretty hot in his referee shirt!!! icon_razz.gif

indydebi Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:24pm
post #28 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

BTW: Ramsay was looking pretty hot in his referee shirt!!! icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I'd put him on my "ohhhhh, I'd like to see him naked" list! icon_biggrin.gif

cakes22 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:30pm
post #29 of 86

OMG, indydebi: I thought I was the only one who thought he was hot...... naked yes!!! I will admit that on the British version of Kitchen Nightmares, I have actually paused the DVD when he takes his shirt off to change into his chef shirt......... yes, I'm a sad individual and I need help. icon_razz.gif

Karema Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm
post #30 of 86

What cake is everyone talking about? Did I miss something?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%