Excited & Honored!

Business By cakesdivine Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 2:15am by CakeForte

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:52am
post #1 of 9

I was asked to do the cake for the San Antonio Metropolitan Ballet's 25th Anniversary as part of San Antonio's Fiesta celebration in April.

I was inspired by margery's ballet cake here on CC. So I am doing a similar design but based on a cross from Coppelia and the snowflakes from Nutcracker.

They expect 650 people but the cake only needs to serve 250. Granted I am having to practically give this cake away, but I am getting a full page ad in the Playbill, and 2 great tickets to the performance, and a little bit of money to cover costs.

I had an "in" and I didn't even know it. A girl who I watched grow up in the dance world and who also was on the same drillteam with my oldest daughter works for them and when they were discussing the need of a cake she immediately thought of me!

She said who else would be better but a dancer who happens to also be a cake decorator!...LOL icon_biggrin.gif

And I have made a few costumes in my day too! As I was designing the cake it was just like when I use to design my dance team's costumes.

8 replies
kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:09am
post #2 of 9

that sounds soo great, i cant wait to see a picture of the cake

osorio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
osorio Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:12am
post #3 of 9

Congratulations ! I´m sure that your cake will be beautiful .

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:12am
post #4 of 9

Congratulations. Even though you are not making a lot of money on this cake, this is an awesome opportunity. And I am sure you will have a fabulous time at the ballet. I know you will make a beautiful cake.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:18am
post #5 of 9

I'm sure it's going to be a great cake. Cake's with stories behind them are so meaningful, and I think a ballet cake just can't not be cool!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:33am
post #6 of 9

Oh yay!!! How exciting! 2 tickets, you say?? I'm available...JK! icon_rolleyes.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 9

Bumping...only because I wrote this late last night and I want some of my "non-night owl" CC friends to see... icon_smile.gif (it was getting pretty low on the page...LOL!)

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:52am
post #8 of 9

Good for you!!! icon_smile.gif

I'm happy to see something positive happen for you, with all the negativity you've dealt with lately.

Congrats~ and please post that pic!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:15am
post #9 of 9

Congrats!! That is so exciting. icon_biggrin.gif This will definitely expose you to the clients that want a nicer cake for their events.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%