Bargain Cake Price?

Business By BlondiezBakery Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 1:12am by doughdough

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:12am
post #31 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

I agree, charge less for your first wedding cake...but keep it simplier and at least cover the cost of your materials! I am not even sure she is doing that...

I'm in complete agreement.

I was going to do my cousin's wedding cake (note how I said WAS). She wanted a 4-tier square cake w/ fondant that would serve 200-ish. I quoted her $600, which I felt was on the low side, but still fair and reflected my personal skill level.

I get an email back from her that basically said "I'm so sorry, but my parents just don't have that kind of money right now.", which I found hilarious because:

1. I know her parents have that kind of money.

2. I can't imagine who she's going to find to do the same cake for a lower price.

That's family for ya! icon_lol.gif Thankfully there are no hard feelings, plus now I can just sit back & enjoy myself at the wedding.

-------------------

Switching gears a bit...you mentioned you were a hobby baker. Before you get too engrossed in the planning, you need to find out where she is having her reception and make sure you aren't going to need a business permit/license/etc. in order to deliver the cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%