Wilton Bear Pan

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm by LeckieAnne

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:21am
post #1 of 4

Ok, I bought on in a resale shop for 4.00, but its missing the core, where can I order one? and can I use the reg. size core that sells at Michaels? I know its shorter....but???

any ideas? I thought if I couldnt get one I could always use it to throw candy melts in there and let it cover the pan, and tap out the choc....and glue each side of the bear???

lol, I know Im nuts!

3 replies
LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:50am
post #2 of 4

I've lost mine too, so I just don't use it -- just be sure you turn the oven down 25 degrees from normal - it will bake ok. I find it's a little dryer than I'd like - but usually the bear ends up "extra" cake on top of the "real" cake in my experience. I use a moist cake mix - I don't use the firm cake they call for - and I don't have a problem with that either. You just need to be a bit careful around the ears and feet when you're working with it.

And - by the way - it takes more than 1 cake mix. If you didn't get the directions - you can get them on Wilton's website.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:22am
post #3 of 4

So I can still bake with it and use it!!! wow, ok, I usally bake at like 325 anyways, per my instructor, found out cakes bake more even that way and are real moist.

I was thinking of opening the bear in 1/2's if I couldnt use it, and pouring melted candy or color flow...and just making the molds, tapping the melts out, then using icing to glue the bear in 1/2 together. If I couldnt use the pan at all.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
SO 2 BOXES OF MIX?

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 4

Doesn't take all of 2 boxes - but one isn't enough. Just make a few cupcakes, too. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%