Need Ideas For "the Office" Theme Cake

Decorating By patty7276 Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 1:40pm by cakes22

patty7276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty7276 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 28

would like to do a birthday cake for my daughter who loves the tv show "the office'. not coming up with any good ideas--can anyone help me on this one?

thank you

27 replies
KrazyK8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyK8 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:02am
post #2 of 28

I LOVE "The Office"! You could do the Dunder Mifflin Logo.

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 28

What if you did Michael's desk and had a stapler and the World's best boss mug and maybe a piece of paper with something ridiculous written on it.

Danielle

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:07am
post #4 of 28

OH HOW FUN!!!!!!
I can't wait to hear the ideas!

All I can think of is a stapler in a mold of green jello- but that's not a cake & The "world's greatest boss" mug.

or a cake that says "It's your birthday" (its a fact) decorated in grey and browns- to match the carpet!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:21am
post #5 of 28

DWIGHT BOBBLEHEAD!!! Out of fondant! Awesome! And little beets.

This is my favorite show, in case you can't tell.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:30am
post #6 of 28

i like the idea of a mug... wasn't there an episode where someone gave somone party favors that were mugs? maybe put the bday person on the mug?

Id love a dwight bobblehead.. but talk about hard!!!!

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:33am
post #7 of 28

I actually thought about the bobblehead, too! That would be awesome!

KrazyK8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyK8 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:33am
post #8 of 28

suumeme: "It is your birthday." Oh geez! That's a good one!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:34am
post #9 of 28

Beets as a border would look cool.
One of my fav. episodes was of Dwight and Andy dueling over Angela.

The logo with a list of work to avoid (per Michael).

You could probably make a throwing star with Dwight's name on it and stick it into the side of the cake.

Karissa13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karissa13 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:36am
post #10 of 28

The Dwight bobblehead and beets would be fantastic! (I have a Dwight bobblehead next to my computer - Christmas present.)

You could do a doll cake with the unicorn princess (a Barbie with a horn). It was on the episode that aired around Christmas - the Moroccan Christmas.

I LOVE THE OFFICE!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:41am
post #11 of 28

I have nothing new to add. You stole my ideas with the bobble head and the mug.

I just have to say I can't wait to see what you come up with. I don't watch TV much but I am glued to the couch for the hour The Office is on.

Funny thing is, I got my boyfriend hooked on the Brittish version well before the American one came out, but I never liked that one icon_lol.gif

Larie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larie Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:43am
post #12 of 28

What if you did a office scene with walls and the conference room table where they are always having parties. You could make a little cake on th table and have it be your daughters name and decorate the room in one of the themes they have used.

bizatchgirl Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #13 of 28

Oh, oh, oh. I got one. Could you do Angela's cat in the freezer ?? Or would that just be creepy on a cake?

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:48am
post #14 of 28

How bout an exact replica of the cake that Dwight and Jim got for Kelly's birthday????? The white one with a chiclet in the middle that represents a pillow or a television(which is the theme of the party) and her name has to be spelled wrong... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

OMG I LOVE THE OFFICE!!!!!

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:50am
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea0613

How bout an exact replica of the cake that Dwight and Jim got for Kelly's birthday????? The white one with a chiclet in the middle that represents a pillow or a television(which is the theme of the party) and her name has to be spelled wrong... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

OMG I LOVE THE OFFICE!!!!!

OMG Then make her take an hour nap in a random room in the house...lmao....

bizatchgirl Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:59am
post #16 of 28

NBC has web sites for the characters. Andy's and Angela's site has a pic of what there wedding cake was supposed to be.

http://www.angelaandy.com/thecake.shtml

Of course it involves cats icon_biggrin.gif

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:07am
post #17 of 28

TOO FUNNY!!!! Love the show...and these are some great ideas...PLEASE post pics.

summernoelle Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #18 of 28

I love that! I hadn't seen their wedding site yet.

Last week when she was caught on the webcam licking her cats-O.M.G.

I didn't get to see all of the one from the Superbowl-stupid football game went over and TIVO didn't record all of it. Grrrrr.

bizatchgirl Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:52am
post #19 of 28

Summernoelle, we had the same problem with the Superbowl one. Just go to the NBC site and you can watch the tail end of the episode icon_biggrin.gif It makes you watch the commercials but you can fast forward the rest.

I missed last week's episode. I couldn't figure out what the PP was referring to with Kelly's party and a chiclet cake. I'll have to make sure I catch up! No way I can miss Angela licking her cats. Yuck!

summernoelle Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:03am
post #20 of 28

Last weeks' was really funny. Angela has a webcam she watches her cats on. And Kelly hated her cake, so they decorated it for her.

Did I mention I love that show?

patty7276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty7276 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:46am
post #21 of 28

oh my--you guys are unbelievable! there are a lot of office fans on cake central! thank you for these great ideas. feel free to keep them coming. still thinking about this one. would love to do the dwight bobblehead but am afraid he's beyond my skill level. someone mentioned putting my daughter's picture on a mug--don't know how to do that. thanks again.
patty

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:17am
post #22 of 28

I love The Office, too. I think a plain cake with, "It is your birthday." and/or the chicklet would be hilarious. Plus either of those would be very simple. I do like the idea of the unicorn doll. Or I found this other cake online. There's no end to fake bear facts you could change it to.
LL
LL

mcsb20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcsb20 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:48am
post #23 of 28

I was going to say you should do the stapler in jello, but it looks like you've already been over that. So, here are my other ideas:

You could make a "dundie" (if you're a true office fan then you know what that is)

You could make a tee shirt that says "Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run For The Cure" (just the though gives me the giggles)

Or you could do a brouchure from Dwight's beet farm, full of appropriate quotes

The possibilities are endless!

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:04am
post #24 of 28

Wow...all these great ideas make me want to make an Office cake of my own! I love that show, and I have to say that after last weeks chiclet cake I was highly amused and wanting to make it. Please post pics of whatever you decide!!

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:11am
post #25 of 28

cannot wait to see this once its done...I LOVE THIS SHOW! Maybe do a sheet cake and paint it to look like the top of a wooden desk and have the dunder mifflen (spelling?) coffee mug sitting on it with other desk items!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:46am
post #26 of 28

OMG! That Dwight cake is hilarious!
You could make a Dwight head saying:
"Fact: Bears like Birthdays"
or
"Bears, Birthday, Battlestar Galactica"

Bwahahaha!

I wish I had a request for an "Office" cake. Man, I LOVE that show!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:01am
post #27 of 28

I haven't read this whole thread so I'm not sure what the specifics are, but I love this office cake! http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1305978

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:40pm
post #28 of 28

Merediths(?) crotch cast!!!!
Beets done on a mustard yellow shirt & tie.
A dundie for the b-day girl.

Good luck & post a pic when your done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%