He's Driving Me Crazy!!!!!! (Long Vent)

Decorating By sugarwishes Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 8:19pm by jadak

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 33

At my job everyone is always asking make something for the office. I don't mind since they do so much for me. I figured since it were Valentine's Day I'd make some heart shaped brownies and I really wanted to try out the ice cream cone cakes. The brownies came out awesome, really yummy. I cut them into hearts and everybody loved them.

Well, the ice cream cones cakes is what caused the problem. I've never made them before and noticed when I took them out, some didn't cook all the way through. I wasn't going to bring them to work, but I still wanted to decorate them and get a picture to add to my portfolio.

I live with my 3 brother, 1 who just moved in on saturday. They decided they wanted to eat them. I explained how they didn't cook all the way through, they wont taste good, that I was only doing it for fun and to get a picture. (I didn't decorated all of them, only about 5)

My brother, the one who just moved in, comes to me this morning and tells me "I wanna help you with baking your cakes." When I asked why, he explained how the cone cakes were terrible (these were the only things he has ever tried that I made) and wrote a PAGE LONG description about each and every bite he took and what was so bad, it was VERY detailed!!!!!

It reallly hurt my feelings, I've told him numerous times not to even eat them, that they were NOT good. He told me he's trying to give me "constructive criticism" I told him that's fine to do on a cake that I know came out great, and am willing to serve. I didn't even want to read this 'story' he wrote, and I don't want him helping me with my cakes.

Now, he wants to give me written "constructive criticism" on EVERY single thing I make!!! I love when someone tells the truth about whats good or bad. I can take when someone is very honest about what they think but why be this mean and and basically tell me I can't do it on my own. (he didn't say it in a nice "i want to help you" kinda way). He's driving me crazy!!!!!

32 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 33

Tell him to stuff it.

Tell him you could care less about his opinion.

Don't read any of it.

Get the other brothers to knock the sh*t out of him.

Hell, where do you live, I'll do it myself.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:00am
post #3 of 33

This is the brother that JUST moved in with you? Tell him not to unpack his bags, he'll be needing them when he leaves your house!

I've got a great idea, write a detailed letter to him about why he doesn't have his OWN place, tell him you'd like to "help" him with finding one of his own. uggghhhhhh..........jerk! God help you icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:02am
post #4 of 33

What k8 said .....

Ask him to bend over so it will be easier for you to shove your cakes straight up his a**! icon_twisted.gif

Then write a page long detailed description of how he leaves the bathroom in a mess and how you're just "constructively" trying to help him be human. icon_twisted.gif

Give me time .... I'll come up with more. icon_twisted.gif

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:09am
post #5 of 33

Ditto to all the above!!

Sheesh, with family like that, who needs enemies?!?

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:13am
post #6 of 33

LOL! Thanks to all of you. I needed a good laugh! icon_lol.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:17am
post #7 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar wishes

wrote a PAGE LONG description about each and every bite he took and what was so bad, it was VERY detailed!!!!!

No one with a life does this. What a stupid jerk.

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:20am
post #8 of 33

hey! that's what siblings are for! mine drive me crazy toooooo!

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:22am
post #9 of 33

I just took a peek at your gallery, clearly you know what you are doing, I agree w/ writting a detailed letter on how to find a new place to live.
Uggh! Brothers, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:22am
post #10 of 33

...So apparantly he bakes cakes? Tell him to shut his mouth and make his OWN cakes for you to write pages about.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:27am
post #11 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUUMEME

Brothers, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

well you CAN .... but you'd just have to clean up after them ONE. MORE. TIME! icon_lol.gif

dmhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:27am
post #12 of 33

don't you just loovveee family! icon_mad.gif They are the ones that make you want to commit murder. ON them!! tapedshut.gif Just kiddin.

Ditto to what everyone said. Tell him where to stick his "constructive criticism", and tell him NO MORE CAKEY FOR U!! icon_surprised.gif Hehehe

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:36am
post #13 of 33

You are a lousy baker? So.... DON'T LET HIM TOUCH ANYTHING YOU BAKE. Insanity is the smell of chocolate chip cookies, and none for me.... icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

Make sure the house smells of chocolate and cinnamon and seet, and GUARD them with a shotgun.... icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Insanity.....

prue23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prue23 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:53am
post #14 of 33

My brother used to be the same, tho he didn't go as far as writing a letter, he has been very critical at the things I make. When I finally got tired of it I wouldn't give anything I made to eat, while everyone else got a taste he didn't icon_smile.gif and that was enough to get him to stop . . . I wished I could have read some of the stuff the other people have said, it would have made life easier lol

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:27am
post #15 of 33

Well I don't have a brother, but I do have two kids, a girl and a boy. My son, who is older, LOVES to goad my daughter. All the time. I put a stop to it, etc. But honestly, I think it is a brother thing to do.
It seems that with brothers that you need to fight back a little bit.

Also, may I suggest the book Hunny Bunny Funny Bunny? It's really helped my daughter. icon_lol.gif I actually don't mean that to be snotty, it really did help her. icon_lol.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:49am
post #16 of 33

Man! Don't brothers (or family in general) know exactly which buttons to push to drive you up a wall! As for your oh-so-helpful brother: Don't read his criticism. Throw it away. Actually, flush it down the toilet, because that is where mean sh*t like that belongs. Kick his butt outta there!

I have read that many famous actors never read their reviews because it only makes them feel bad, and does nothing posiitive for their career.

Another thought regarding family: my MIL and I have an agreement that we will not spend more than 3 days in a row together, so visits can always short enough that we will still like each other when we say goodbye and go home.

We spent a week together one summer and almost came to blows by the end. Never again! I do love her dearly, and she loves me, but only in short 3-days-or-less doses. Give your brother 3 days and send him packing!

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm
post #17 of 33

Sign him up for a course on manners. Bake him a cake full of vinegar. Eat crackers over his bed. Use his razor to shave your legs (AND under your arms). Wash his underwear with your new red shirt.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:41pm
post #18 of 33

Two words for him..."bite me."

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:48pm
post #19 of 33

Ignore him. Don't give him another bite to eat and if he should snag a peice to eat don't listen to what he has to say.

If he wants to learn how to bake send him to school. He will be the first one to take what you teach him and use it to his advantage.

Just ignore the ##### icon_mad.gif . I took a look at your pics and I can tell it is just jelousy.

Babe you've got Talent with a capitol T. Once again just ignore him. If he really wants to help you ask him how did he learn how to live off of a family member and be rude at the same time. Now write a letter about that why don't he.

I totally agree with: costumeczar, Butterpatty, SugarFrosted, prue23, johnson6ofus, dmhart, MacsMom, SUUMEME, indydebi

Just to name a few.

IGNORE HIM!!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:51pm
post #20 of 33

I would make a joke out of it. Read it and respond line by line with comments such as:

"You dork, I TOLD you they weren't baked all the way!"

"Didn't I tell you not to eat them?!?"

"Perhaps you should work on your comprehension skills."

"What part of 'they didn't turn out right' didn't you understand?"

Don't take it personally - people are dumb. icon_smile.gif

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 1:52am
post #21 of 33

My goodness that boy LOVES to write. Quick get him writing his resume. that kid needs a real job. He has way too much time on his hands.

My art teacher, a professional artist herself, always reminds us: There are only 2 kinds of people in the world artist and art critics.

Which do you want to be? Quick-name 3 famous artist, then how many famous art critics can you name?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:37am
post #22 of 33

Tell him if he has such wonderful writing skills he obviously needs to get a job writing so he can have his own house.

STUPID BROTHERS!!!!!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 12:58pm
post #23 of 33

ROFLMAO Thank you all SO much for the great comments, I really needed it!! He does have wayy too much time on his hands, since he doesn't have a job, he's getting unemployment checks, so he sits home all day. (BTW he tried to set up internet on his computer and knocked out the internet in the entire house and decided to blame it on MY computer, he's a moron..it's been fine til he started to mess with it)

So I still haven't read the page long 'review' but he told me he wants to do this with EVERYTHING that I make!!! He now texts me 5x a day with recipe ideas. I have decided to ignore his texts and since I somewhat yelled at him over the whole internet thing, we haven't spoken it 2 days, fine by me icon_smile.gif We'll see how it goes next time I make a cake.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 1:11pm
post #24 of 33

i must have the worlds nicest family.... atleast the immediate ones... i take my "EXPERIMENTAL" flavor to them all the time... my dad is my worst critic, but because i ask him too...

he was in catering for over 20 yrs and i always ask... if you were a food critic, and the worst one... what would you write about me...

but then my mom, mom in law, brothers in law, nieces, and husband... all love my stuff... they flip everytime i make a new flavor... they are all my test subjects....

and my three best friends, jen, rach and beki.. cant wait till there are extra cupcake, or cake scraps to come eat...

but then ... some of my not so immediate family, has less than to be desired... one orders a cake, wont accept it for free, yet a month later has not paid, some want a cake for saturday and order it on friday at midnight... so i have the best of both worlds...

can live with them... cant choose them... would get arrested if you beat them up

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 1:23pm
post #25 of 33

Sounds to me like he's just insecure about being jobless and homeless, so he's taking it out on you. It probably makes him feel better to sh*t on you because you seem to "have it all" - what with you having an amazing talent and a real place to live.

His ridiculous criticism is his pathetic way of telling you that you aren't better than him (when in reality, you are!).

I'm sorry your brother is a douche. I'd probably make him start paying for all of the food he consumes in YOUR home. Turd.

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm
post #26 of 33

Sorry that your brother is being such a jerk. I agree with others who said that you should withhold the goodies from him. He'll stop if he's not allowed to have any of your delicious treats.

It's hard not to allow them to get under your skin. Siblings are just really good at it.
My sister recently told me in an email that I'm a terrible mother, my kids are brats and she doesn't want to expose her kids to me or mine. Nice right? Then she tacks on, "I don't want to hurt you."

Siblings know right where to hit to get the most damage. It sounds likely that your brother is unhappy with his life, and you make a convenient target.
You know your work is good, and his basis of his opinion is from a bad batch. Shake it off, you are way better than that! And like someone else said, if he continues to behave that way, tell him to "BITE ME!"

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm
post #27 of 33

Make him Ex-lax brownies and send Guido after him.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 4:05pm
post #28 of 33

This is some funny stuff here......................ya'll have made my Friday just from reading some of the replies............buy yeah, make the boy find a job with a newspaper or magazine or something since he wants to write so much!!!! He has WAY too much time on his hands!!!!!!!

Brothers ARE morons.........but you have to love 'em!!!!!!!

icon_wink.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:47pm
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Two words for him..."bite me."

Luv this one! icon_lol.gif

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:59pm
post #30 of 33

He's jealous,and a jerk,and like everyone else has said...send him packing...surely there's another "relative" he could harass...It's amazing how since he's become unemployed,and unhoused,he's an expert on telling you what to do....You're tremendously talented...don't let him convince you otherwise!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%