Going Away Party For 5 Year Old - Help!

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 1:13pm by LittleLinda

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 6

I teach kindergarteners in children's church. One of my kids is leaving because his father, our current youth pastor, is leaving to plant a new church. This weekend, I plan on having a little "party" for him since he is leaving and I want to take something. I need a quick, easy idea to decorate a cake or cupcakes to have this Sunday. I'm busy working on cakes for Austin so I don't have alot of time to spend on it.

The cool thing is that our Bible story is the return of the prodigal son and the party the father has for the son. We are making party horns and the whole theme this week is a party so it works out perfectly.

My first thought is cupcakes but a cake might be easier. Any ideas?

5 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 6

Cupcakes would probably be easier to serve.

If you're really pressed for time all you'd have to do would be a swirl of icing and some sprinkles. Five year olds are easy to impress and just having cupcakes for him would probably make his day.

If you have more time how about a cake with an image of a moving van and a message?

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Mbelgard! Cupcakes are easiest and they're 5 years old - sprinkles are the way to go and easy too!

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 6

What about doing the cupcakes in ice-cream cones? I just did those for my daughter to take to school for Valentine's Day and all the kids loved them!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:00am
post #5 of 6

once you do the cc or ice cream cone cakes place them on the board in the shape of party horn. You can alternate the colors to stripe the horn or use a base color and dots all out of just simple swirled tops and sprinkles done in a fun shape.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 6

A cake with a fatted-calf being slaughtered! Ha Ha, just kidding!

I agree that cupcakes would be the fastest and easiest thing for you to do and the easiest thing to serve. Put the cupcakes in the box you're transporting them in; and frost them and sprinkly them right in the box. You won't need to handle them twice. You can make him a cool going-away card for all the kids to sign.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%