I'm looking for the Almond Sugar recipe mentioned in the valentine cookie photos from TracyLH. I can't seem to find it by doing a search on CC. Anyone know where I can get this recipe?
I'm not sure what recipe she used but I found this one:
* 1 cup room temperature salted butter
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp almond extract
* 3 cups all purpose flour
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 4 cups powdered sugar
* 2 TBL room temp. butter
* 1-1/2 tsp. almond extract
* food coloring
* 1/2 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cream together 1 cup butter, granulated sugar, egg and 1 tsp. almond extract.
3. Mix together flour and baking powder.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
5. Roll out on lightly floured surface. 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
6. Cut out desired shapes.
7. Place on cookies sheet and bake until edges just start to turn light golden (about 7 min)
8. While cookies are in the oven in a bowl add powdered sugar, 2TBL butter, 1-1/2 tsp. almond extract, food color and enough of the hot water to make a consistancy that just barely runs off of spoon.
9. Remove cookies to wire rack.
10. Cool just slightly.
11. Drop frosting on warm cookies and spread out slightly until it runs over the edge.
12. Let cool completely.
13. Store in air tight container.