Michaels And Joanns

Decorating By CNCS Updated 16 Feb 2009 , 8:26pm by playingwithsugar

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 5

both offer cake decorating classes.

What is the youngest they will take?
What do they charge...how long are the classes?

I have neices I'd love to "start" but I myself dont have the time to teach...they are early teens and I'd like to pay for the classes.

What do they have you purchse to do classes 1-3?

I saw a t Joanns they have the kits you can buy. I wish I had paid more attention now. I was in a hurry and totally spaced out.

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 5

Different stores run different specials.

Your best bet is to call the stores directly.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know about Joanne's age policy but each of us at my store (3 have 3 teachers) have different age requirements.

I'll teach anyone age 8 or older. The other one preferrs them 13 or older. The third will not take anyone under the set corporate age (which could be 16 if I remember right).

Our store manager doesn't care as long as we have the disclaimer signed if they are left unattended for the course.

Definately talk to the store and the teacher about the age thing.

playingwithsugar Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 5

In answer to your other question, Wilton sells kits which correspond to each course.

One of the WMI's here should be able to tell you whether it's cheaper to buy the individual kits, or the large box filled with tips and tools.

And check your local newspaper, or register for the e-mail newsletters from those stores. I have a 50% off coupon sitting in front of me as we speak.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 5

In answer to your other question, Wilton sells kits which correspond to each course.

One of the WMI's here should be able to tell you whether it's cheaper to buy the individual kits, or the large box filled with tips and tools.

And check your local newspaper, or register for the e-mail newsletters from those stores. I have a 50% off coupon sitting in front of me as we speak.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%