Help Me Impress The Boss!

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 16 Feb 2009 , 3:37pm by brincess_b

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:19am
post #1 of 9

Okay...so tomorrow I will be meeting one of our company owner's kids to conduct a cupcake tasting for his upcoming wedding. I ask him for some details of his ceremony, so I could get some ideas together. This is what he wrote:

Hey Toni-

Thanks and good idea to get some ideas... The wedding is ...on the Chesapeake Bay (Chesapeake Bay Beach Club)... It is right on the water outside and inside... The colors are Black, a pinkish color, and blue. It will be formal dress with an informal attitude (non-traditional)... The theme would be closest to Beach (Steel Drum Band for the ceremony and a rock band for the reception)... Let me know if you need anymore info and looking forward to meeting with you tomorrow... Thanks again,

Okay...so my cakes and my job are typically very seperate, but my manager asked me to take the lead on this and I really would like to make a great impression. Please give me any ideas you can and send me links to any photos you suggest to use as examples.

Thanks cc!!

8 replies
Tomoore Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:45am
post #2 of 9

awwwww...c'mon. No help? lol...

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:52am
post #3 of 9

if you look in my pics... there is a teal blue cake that had ivory ribbon that was a beach cake... you can use that... with pink flowers, and black ribbon... incorporate shells, maybe shells that are pinkish in color... i think that it will look cool...

have him bring you as much wedding related things as he can, so that you can base the look on his wedding theme...

i tried to keep work and cakes seperate and it is too hard sometimes....

good luck, and have fun!!!

Tomoore Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:04am
post #4 of 9

...especially since I work in a bakery! It drives me nuts when people want more than just a swirl on their cupcakes and my boss will turn down the order instead of upping the price a little and taking the job. (I manage the retail side of the bakery...no baking for me)

PurpleIcing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurpleIcing Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 9:23am
post #5 of 9

Well, to be honest, I can see why you came here looking for ideas.

He didnt give you anything to go on. Correction he gave you:

Beach and 4 colors.

Usually Im very creative and can usually whip up some pretty killer ideas but this one, just no way.

Purple

Tomoore Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:20am
post #6 of 9

Thanks, Purple...glad to see it wasn't just me! lol...

If anyone else has any other ideas, plz shoot me an email. I meet with him today at 11 and I won't be able to access cakecentral when I leave for work.

Thanks,
Toni

LSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSW Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 12:05pm
post #7 of 9

I did a wedding at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club a few years ago and it's beautiful there, I got some awesome pictures of the sunset over the bay. I'm sorry, don't have any ideas for you, sure you'll come up with something beautiful! Good Luck!

Tomoore Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 12:09pm
post #8 of 9

Would you mind sharing your photos with me? If yes, please email them to me at [email protected]

Thanks!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:37pm
post #9 of 9

i guess the problem with something so vague is that you dont really know what to suggest. on the other hand you could go with any suggestion you want.
piped dots and ribbons
cascade of roses down one corner
topsy turvey
cornelli lace (with flowers)
diamond pattern
stripes
retro circles (maybe a combination of these three, especially if topsey turvey)model steel drum band/ rock band on top
i like this peggy porschen one, it would look good with their colours http://www.peggyporschen.com/signature.htm

i just read your post again and realise this is probably too late - what did you discuss with him?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%