My First Wedding Cake And I'm Freaking Out!

Decorating By Missyisbadkarma Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 11:16pm by Missyisbadkarma

Missyisbadkarma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missyisbadkarma Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 8

So my sister is getting married on Saturday and I'm doing the cake. icon_eek.gif
I never really told her that I wanted to because I'm very new at this. Plus I'm the maid of honor. I don't want to ruin her wedding by it tasting or looking bad. She has faith in me and I know she will love it no matter what. icon_smile.gif However, I'm a little scared icon_cry.gif

Just needed to vent.

7 replies
tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 8

Congrats on your sister's wedding. I'm sure you can do this. Do you know what she wants you to make?

Missyisbadkarma Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 8

Yes she wants a 4 tiered square buttercream cake. I'm not so great with buttercream. That's what's kind of making me nervous. And I've never stacked a cake that big.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 8

You're very brave. Square cakes scare me to death!

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 8

You might want to check out the tutorial on icing square cakes in the articles section. I have a square cake coming up and I just found this article. I think I saw a video on youtube about it too. You may already know how to do this, I just thought I would pass this info on.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 8

First thing first-get an SPS system. You can purchase it at Global Sugar Art. Especially if you have never done such a large cake-you really need it to be sturdy.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

First thing first-get an SPS system. You can purchase it at Global Sugar Art. Especially if you have never done such a large cake-you really need it to be sturdy.

That would be my most top suggestion before anything else!

Missyisbadkarma Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks guys icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%