What Is A Smash Cake?

Español By JGMB Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 6:38am by HoldensNanny

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:15am
post #1 of 4

There's a thread running right now in Spanish asking this question. I immediately answered (in my verrrrry broken Spanish!) that it's an extra little cake you make for the birthday child so that they don't stick their fingers into the real cake.

All of the other answers that are being written, though, say that it's an extra cake to smash into the birthday person's face.

Is my answer wrong, or the other one, or are they both right?

Thanks!

3 replies
Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 5:26am
post #2 of 4

Hi JGMB you answer was right, thank you so much for your response and thank you for making the effort to write the answer in Spanish you are so nice, Thank You again and Happy Valentines Day, and I want to tell you that any time you need anything you know you have a friend on this forum some times I go to the English one, well I am everywhere here on CC thumbs_up.gif , Thank you again and God Bless You icon_smile.gif

Frankyia M.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:13am
post #3 of 4

Ah!! I forgot to tell you don't feel bad about your Spanish it is really good congratulations, you should talk to my son he is 8 years old and after you talk to him you are going to say THAT IS A REALLY BAD SPANISH icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif , but he still learning anyway

HoldensNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoldensNanny Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:38am
post #4 of 4

Here in the good old south the tradition is that when a child turns one you have a birthday cake for the party and the extra little cake(Cupcake/ 6 inch cake,etc.) is used just for the birthday baby to make a mess with(and that baby wearing a very large bib helps!) This makes for really cute pictures.
Happy valentines Day to all my fellow CC'ers! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%