Has This Ever Happened To You At A Tasting Before?

Business By cakesbycathy Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 12:06am by pinkbox

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 12:39am
post #1 of 32

So I have a tasting appointment scheduled this morning. Right before they are due they call to say they will be 10 minutes late since they are stopping at McDonald's. icon_confused.gif

Ten minutes later they show up and they are both....

wait for it...

HIGH!

Oh yes. As kites.

31 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 32

Well, it at least it explains why they had to eat something right away at McD's...... when those post-pot munchies hit ya, you gotta eat NOW! (uh .... I mean .... er .... so I'm told! icon_rolleyes.gif )

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 32

Oh, doesn't this just warm your heart icon_eek.gif

2 sick puppies getting married and probably destined to add to the contaminated gene pool (if they haven't already done so..................)

Truth be told, I'd have sent them on their way and told them to come back when they're competent to sign a contract! I wouldn't have allowed them in the door or wasted (pun intended) my time even talking to them--they won't remember much clearly, anyway.

Drug use/alcohol abuse of any kind makes me sick. It's bad enough when those doing it hide behind closed doors --at least they can't kill anyone else while they're damaging themselves--but this burgeoning attitude that it's OK, that it doesn't need to be hidden, and that they're out driving like that............... icon_mad.gif

Wanna' bet they do the same thing on their wedding day--and probably trash the cake during the cutting? What a pair of winners................

Rae

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:06am
post #4 of 32

So do tell...what did you do? Where you able to do the tasting?? Did they fall face first into the samples?

StaceyCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyCakes75 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:23am
post #5 of 32

Yes do tell this could be very interesting story. How did it end????

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:26am
post #6 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

2 sick puppies getting married and probably destined to add to the contaminated gene pool (if they haven't already done so

icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif Hahahahaha. Niiiiice. I have a low tolerance for people that act like this too. icon_mad.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:28am
post #7 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

2 sick puppies getting married and probably destined to add to the contaminated gene pool (if they haven't already done so

icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif Hahahahaha. Niiiiice. I have a low tolerance for people that act like this too. icon_mad.gif

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:36am
post #8 of 32

My goodness, what did you do?

-Debbie B.

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:54am
post #9 of 32

Talk about an easy booking!

After they devour the cake samples and dry mouth starts to set in from the weed and the rapid cake consumption, you slide the contract in front of them and tell them in no uncertain terms... "You want the milk, you sign the contract". icon_wink.gif

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 4:57pm
post #10 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceofCakeAZ

Talk about an easy booking!

After they devour the cake samples and dry mouth starts to set in from the weed and the rapid cake consumption, you slide the contract in front of them and tell them in no uncertain terms... "You want the milk, you sign the contract". icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

This was hysterical!!

Well, when they first came in I though they were acting a little strange, but that's kind of their personalities, so it didn't really hit me what was going on until about 10 minutes into the consultation. By that time they were half-way thru the samples. It's the first time I've ever had anyone eat my cake and not say anything about it. Not "it tastes great or I don't like this flavor." Nothing!

At any rate, I did mention that they didn't really look like they felt up to finishing our meeting and asked if they wanted to reschedule. This was after the bride kept talking about her first marriage. Even showed me the picture of the cake on her phone! So that I could "get a sense of her style." Groom just sat there, eating cake.

Finally after about 1/2 hour she says she will send me a sketch me of what she wants the cake to look like. Tells me she left the checkbook at home. I tell her that's fine, but I don't hold a date without a deposit. Suddenly she realizes the checkbook is in her purse in the car icon_cool.gif.

Signs the contract, writes me a check and they leave. I am wondering what's going to happen when I send them their typed contract in the mail.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:53pm
post #11 of 32

They DROVE to the appointment like that? I'm glad that I wasn't on the road with them... icon_mad.giftapedshut.gif

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:12pm
post #12 of 32

what are people thinking?!?!? (although it might be cool to make a cake from someone's sketch)...tbc

michellesArt Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:13pm
post #13 of 32

what are people thinking?!?!? (although it might be cool to make a cake from someone's sketch)...tbc

michellesArt Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:14pm
post #14 of 32

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:18pm
post #15 of 32

Don't tell me, let me guess........... they ordered the "special" hash brownie flavor cake icon_lol.gif

All kidding aside, this is very sad. I can just imagine what they'll be like on the "big" day. I'd deposit that check right away, I hope you added on a special fee for having to put up with them in that state!

Deb_ Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #16 of 32

Don't tell me, let me guess........... they ordered the "special" hash brownie flavor cake icon_lol.gif

All kidding aside, this is very sad. I can just imagine what they'll be like on the "big" day. I'd deposit that check right away, I hope you added on a special fee for having to put up with them in that state!

Deb_ Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:20pm
post #17 of 32

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:21pm
post #18 of 32

Oh goodness, make sure that check clears! icon_smile.gif They might change their mind on spending the money on cake if their stash runs out!

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:22pm
post #19 of 32

Oh goodness, make sure that check clears! icon_smile.gif They might change their mind on spending the money on cake if their stash runs out!

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:01pm
post #20 of 32

Hmmm...no this has never happened to me, and I PRAY it never does icon_smile.gif

StaceyCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyCakes75 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #21 of 32

I saw this cake just added today maybe you should make this one for them LOL Just kidding.

[url]http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1317827.html[url]

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 6:10pm
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavaglieri

I saw this cake just added today maybe you should make this one for them LOL Just kidding.

[url]http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1317827.html[url]

LOL. Sounds like it would fit the couple well!!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 6:45pm
post #23 of 32

LOL... I'm picturing a cake with brush embroidery weed leaves all over it... Now THAT would be a unique wedding cake and likely to be recreated multiple times over... Or, you could suggest the above mentioned cake with that pattern cascading down...

Yea... Sounds like a couple that shouldn't be allowed to procreate...

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm
post #24 of 32

I don't know if I should be laughing at this couple or feel sorry for them...I think I'm just horrified they drove high! It's one thing to do that sort of thing in the privacy of your own home, but it's another thing to subject others to it!

sallene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallene Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:04pm
post #25 of 32

That's just horrible!

Reminds me of Friends though, where Monica is doing a tasting for a guy opening a restaurant. He shows up high and proceeds to eat everything he can find.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #26 of 32

Are you absolutely sure they were high? I mean, sometimes people can just be spacey flakes.

I know, I know... but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

knjmom67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knjmom67 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:06pm
post #27 of 32

sallene - I thought of the same Friends episode when I started reading this!!! Jon Lovitz was a hoot! "Tartlets...tartlets...tartlets...word has lost all meaning."

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:20pm
post #28 of 32

I definetly wouldn't know what to do if I had a couple like this. Geesh!

---I also loved that episode of Friends!!-----

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm
post #29 of 32

Deposit that check at Their bank ! What a waste o cae, you could have given them scraps, or heck, twinkies they'd been happy!

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:37pm
post #30 of 32

Wow! Deposit the check now!!

As a joke on their wedding day, put a couple of Twinkies and McDonald's apple pies around their cake too.

ok, maybe not, but it would be funny!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%