Wizard Of Oz

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 7:39pm by EyeCandy

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 9

Ok, so DD will be turning 6 Thursday before Easter.. so we will have it party either the weekend before or the weekend after Easter. She has requested a "different" idea for her cake than I had imagined she might of, especially since she is in school now... anyway long story short.... she wants a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz themed cake. I have seen a few on here, but she didn't jump out and scream "I want that one!", so I thought I would post this for ideas or to see if any of you have any cakes you would be willing to share as a link... any help would be great!

8 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 4:28am
post #2 of 9

Sugar, there are some great ideas in the gallery. I did a search of wizard of oz and came up with a couple of pages. My D-I-L is a nut for oz. I haven't made her a cake yet but will some day. Good luck on your project!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 4:53am
post #3 of 9

wow. good luck and please post the pic!
you are very talented so im sure whatever you decide will be nice.
my grandaughter LOVES wizard of oz and i wanted to make her a cake from the oz, for her birthday party next week-end, but she decided on a princess cake.
sounds exciting. sorry i dont have any different ideas.
other than the obvious, dorothy, toto-yellow brick road.
i dont know how you feel about topsy-turvy, or whimspical cakes.
but i saw one on here i think from willy-wonka not sure. and you could make that with the yellow brick road going through it, with all the characters on different place on the cake. dorothy can be on top with toto and wearing her ruby slippers.
geeze its a tough one because there is so much you can do with this theme.
cant wait to see what you decide.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 5:05am
post #4 of 9

I love The Wizard of OZ...have been thinking about how to do one myself...please post the pic when you decide...sure it will be great!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:15am
post #5 of 9

I'd love to do an Oz cake. Last year I made a pair of real ruby slippers for my 6yo and I'd love to also transfer that idea to a cake. I would do a pair of gumpaste pumps covered in red edible sparkles. I'd place these on top of a simple round cake with a yellow brick road across it, green grass and candy-coloured flowers etc. I know my (now 7o) dtr would adore that kind of thing!

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:38am
post #6 of 9

I think the one made by Sugarshacks's Sharon is my favorite, and she has a tutorial too! here's the link:

Patty*

http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/follow-yellow-brick-road.html

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeladyatLA

I think the one made by Sugarshacks's Sharon is my favorite, and she has a tutorial too! here's the link:

Patty*

http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/follow-yellow-brick-road.html

WOW! This is GREAT! Thank you... thumbs_up.gif

Robin

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:36pm
post #8 of 9

hey thanks... I just got home from the hospital with DD... she was there since the weekend, so I was glad to see the reply. I like SugarShacks cake but I think I am going to do something else, but will definitely post photos!

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:39pm
post #9 of 9

I LOVE The Wizard of Oz and I cannot wait to see your pictures, I bet it will be a huge hit!!! Please do share, I'll be on the look out. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%