What Do You Think?

Decorating By swingme83 Updated 14 Jan 2007 , 3:38pm by Pearl70

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:03am
post #1 of 7

Ok im looking for honest opinions. This cake went over really wel for thanksgiving and now that i am finally not just stalking the boards around here and posting i gained the courage of posting this. I was wondering what you would post for this cake. It took me about 2 hours to decorate it tops, that includes coloring the icing. I was thinking somewhere around $35? Does that seem reasonable? The "feathers" are edible sugar cookies on lollipop sticks so it really serves two purposes.

I would also like if anyone has any critics.

Thanks a bunch.
LL

6 replies
SweetAsLemmons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAsLemmons Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:10am
post #2 of 7

That is so cute! I think it is very creative of you to have used cookies also. I'd say $40 dollars minimum. I mean for cake AND cookies? Come on!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:12am
post #3 of 7

I just love it when people ask me what I thing icon_wink.gif

That's a good deal. The cake is unique and your right the coookies are the added touch.

swingme83 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:18am
post #4 of 7

well i got the turkey idea from wilton but they had fondant as teh feathers and i personally would rather have it as edible(with people wanting to eat it) as possible. Thanks for the replies, hopeuflly next year i get some orders for this.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:32am
post #5 of 7

He's adoreable. I can see why it went over so well. Very cartoon-y, but I like that style.

Sorry, but I think that $40 is just not enough. The cookies, alone, if bought in a bouquet, would be at least $20, so I would a charge a minimum $50 for everything. But then, I do not sell. I just know what I would pay for someone else to do it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

swingme83 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:46am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmriga

He's adoreable. I can see why it went over so well. Very cartoon-y, but I like that style.

Sorry, but I think that $40 is just not enough. The cookies, alone, if bought in a bouquet, would be at least $20, so I would a charge a minimum $50 for everything. But then, I do not sell. I just know what I would pay for someone else to do it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Your last sentence is more then enough to convince me. I always like knowing what someone else would pay. I always ask my mom, what would you pay for this (then i add at least $10-cause she doesnt buy cake anymore).

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 7

I agree ...u have alot of work in this and it serves 2 purposes, dont sell yourself cheap you have talent so get what you are worth....very cute idea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%