Drawing On An Icecream Cake??

Decorating By twistedsplinters Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 4:04pm by twistedsplinters

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 5

A friend of mine is wanting me to make his son a sheetcake with iron man drawn ontop FBCT. And then he asked if I could make it an icecream cake. Now I know how to do this but im worried about the FBCT colors running onto the cake and everywhere. How can I do this without ruining the ironman FBCT?

4 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 5

can I ask why you think it might run onto the cake?

I think it should work just fine. trace the cake pan you are doing the ice cream cake in on wax paper and use the to do the fbct on so you have the right dimensions and keep it in the freezer until the cake is ready.

make the ice cream cake (there is a great tutorial in the cc articles) and when it has had a chance to set up firm take it out and place the still frozen bct on the ice cream cake then add edge trim if necessary.

put it back into the freezer until complete and remove 20-30 mintues before serving to thaw a bit. should be great!

twistedsplinters Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 5

I was worried about it sweating basically and the colors running everywhere after they take it out to thaw.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 5

I have not had the colors on a fbct run when it thawed before. Now I've only done 4 so it could be that I have just gotten lucky? But I don't think it should be a problem.

Good luck with your cake!

twistedsplinters Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%