Ganache Buttercream???

Decorating By msulli10 Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 4:38pm by rockysmommy

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone tried to mix some whipped (or unwhipped) chocolate ganache into buttercream to make a chocolate buttercream? Just curious - it sounds like it might work.

6 replies
msulli10 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 7

No one has an opinion???

bakers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakers2 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 7

I've combined ganache with IMBC - works great!

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulli10

Has anyone tried to mix some whipped (or unwhipped) chocolate ganache into buttercream to make a chocolate buttercream? Just curious - it sounds like it might work.

I've made a batch of both (ganache and BC) and combined them to make chocolate buttercream. It must have a million calories and all from fat--but it's yummy!

msulli10 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, can't wait to try it!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 7

I just whip the ganache. You have to wait until it's cold to do it though. If you want to cut down on the richness I suppose you could add it to the buttercream, but I like pure, unadulterated ganache!

My ganache pinwheel cake in my photos is garnished with whipped ganache rosettes.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulli10

Here is a cake that I made...covered it in chocolate ganche...then let the left over ganache cool down and added it to my butter cream...the swirls and border are ganache butter cream...it was good...everyone loved it.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1288335

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%