I Have Questions About The Cake Contest Rules...

Decorating By paula19 Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 8:08am by Brontecakes

paula19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula19 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 7

I'm contemplating entering a cake for the contest, at least for fun, but I have a question... I want to do a chocolate box cake, so is it ok if the lid is made of rice krispy treat and it's wrapped in fondant? oh, and since it's adviced to not show the serving board covered with foil, would gift wrap paper be ok to wrap over the foil, for decoration? If not, what is ok to cover the cake board with?

6 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 7

I don't see a problem with using the rkt for a box top.

For the board, cover with fondant and glue a ribbon around the edge of the board.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 7

You could also flood a cake board with royal icing.

paula19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula19 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the replies you guys. It's really helpful icon_biggrin.gif

Brontecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brontecakes Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for starting this thread.....I also have a question.
Does the cake for the competition have to be a new upload or can one that I have already uploaded be included in the competition. And can the cake entered in the competition be already posted on another site???? (not that I have one, I'm just asking) icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:33am
post #6 of 7

Most of these questions can be answered in the Contest Rules.
http://www.cakecentral.com/contest-39-Baby-Shower-cake-decorating.html

A cake can have rice crispie additions, fondant figures, almost anything. As long as it is a picture of a whole cake you are okay. The only restriction is this:
Pullled/Blown Suger, Cookies and Gingerbread cannot be entered in the contest unless they are part of the cake decoration. The entire cake must be featured in the photo, photos of just the cookies, or decorations will be removed.(Unless otherwise specified)

Your board can be covered any way you like.

There are instructions on the rules page for entering a cake that is already in your gallery. You just use the "edit" button to move your cake. Please, do not upload a second photo.

It does not matter if your cake is pictured on another site as long as it is your cake and your photo that you are entering in the contest.

Brontecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brontecakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:08am
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for answering my questions...Much appreciated.icon_biggrin.gif

An sorry I didn't say thanks earlier...I kept checking early on but noone had answered and then I sort of forgot about it..! icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%