Need Help With Table Cakes

Business By karateka Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 9:10pm by shannon100

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 2

Hi there. Got an inquiry for 18-20 table cakes for a wedding. I have to work up an unofficial estimate of how much more this would cost than a tiered wedding cake to feed 180.

I've not done these, and I know it will be more work, which I explained to her as the basis for the increased cost. (Buttloads more labor!) She doesn't want a hardline quote, but an estimate of what the increase over a tiered cake will be, just for decision making purposes.

So when you guys do table cakes, how do you charge for them? I've figured from earlenescakes.com that I can make a 10 serving cake as a 7in round, so for a 10 person table, that would work out perfectly, right? Do you just charge the per serving price? It seems like with making 18-20 cakes vs one tiered one that it should be slightly increased, I just don't quite know how to quote it. Any help appreciated.

1 reply
shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 2

I've seen this on IndyDebi's website. Scroll down about 1/4 of the way down to "I keep seeing lots about mini cakes on each guest table instead of one big wedding cake. How much can I expect to save doing this?"

IndyDebi's website is so helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%