Competition...a Little Too Close...

Business By ThatsHowTcakesRolls Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 9:29pm by MrsMissey

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:13am
post #91 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

Here's what's interesting. I NEVER said I was better than...I said I was DIFFERENT than. I didn't say I had the " nicest" shop for 50 miles, I said " There isn't anything like my shop for 50 miles.."

txkat-I do greatly respect you, but isn't this saying that?

Quote:

Nobody can do what we do or has a shop as beautiful as mine within 50 miles. There is room for a Neiman Marcus and a JC Penny's in every town. I just get to be Neiman Marcus.

By the way, next time I am in your neck of the woods visiting family, I am totally stopping by to pick up cupcakes for everyone. They look amazing!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:33am
post #92 of 121

edit~ double post sorry...........

Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:35am
post #93 of 121

summer......you crack me up girl icon_biggrin.gif

Look everyone, I had to log off because I was getting a migraineImagehowever, I'm feeling better after 4 aspirin and a glass of wine.........So yes, Jamie I did indeed need a pill, but not for the reason you thought.

indy, you know I completely respect all that you have and continue to accomplish and I know you've worked your butt off to get where you are today. I think we probably agree, that there is a big difference with you listing your business accomplishments and recognitions on your letter heads and business advertisements for sales purposes as opposed to tooting your own horn on a public forum on the internet. That's what ohmyganache, k8 and myself are talking about. The latter just seems to come across in a negative way to us, maybe not to everyone, but to us it did. It's just our opinion, that's all.

To all you young'ns that thought we were in an all out brawl, sorry to disappoint. This is what happens when you get a bunch of pre-menopausal woman heated up. Someday when you're our age, you'll see what I mean.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:39am
post #94 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Quote:

Here's what's interesting. I NEVER said I was better than...I said I was DIFFERENT than. I didn't say I had the " nicest" shop for 50 miles, I said " There isn't anything like my shop for 50 miles.."

txkat-I do greatly respect you, but isn't this saying that?

Quote:

Nobody can do what we do or has a shop as beautiful as mine within 50 miles. There is room for a Neiman Marcus and a JC Penny's in every town. I just get to be Neiman Marcus.

By the way, next time I am in your neck of the woods visiting family, I am totally stopping by to pick up cupcakes for everyone. They look amazing!

you know what is crazy?? with CC crashing as much as it does, I have been writing my posts on a word doc before cut and pasting them over and on my copy it says " nothing like"...I must have been feeling surly and edited it once I got it up... oh well.

summernoelle Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:49am
post #95 of 121

I need the little Law and Order sound to go off. No one probably knows what I am talking about.

I understand what you mean about the crashing, etc. Frustrating!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:13am
post #96 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

This is what happens when you get a bunch of pre-menopausal woman heated up. Someday when you're our age, you'll see what I mean.

Heck, I long for the days when I could sneeze and NOT have to be near a bathroom when I did!! icon_redface.gif

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:18am
post #97 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

This is what happens when you get a bunch of pre-menopausal woman heated up. Someday when you're our age, you'll see what I mean.

Heck, I long for the days when I could sneeze and NOT have to be near a bathroom when I did!! icon_redface.gif

TMI!! TMI!! icon_surprised.gif

Heh.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:18am
post #98 of 121
Quote:

Quote:

yeah....seriously...what's up with that ?

icon_confused.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:22am
post #99 of 121

Heck, I'd have a glass of wine too except it'd give me a hot flash!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #100 of 121

Heck, after being pregnant I know the location of every bathroom for miles around!

Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:42am
post #101 of 121

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif kegel exercise works wonders for this problem icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

summernoelle Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:07am
post #102 of 121

Ewwwwwwwwww.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:10am
post #103 of 121

[quote="indydebi"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGanache

...(psst! And Ms. Ray makes my a$$ tired! Hubby bought me a T-shirt for Christmas that said "Yumm-o!" because he KNEW it would pi$$ me off! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I wouldn't walk across the street to see her in person if I had 10 free front row tickets.)

OMG, I thought I was the only one who felt that way!

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:06pm
post #104 of 121
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

OhMyGanache wrote:
I totally disagree with Debi and txkat on this topic -

All right!!! someone who's not shy about taking the other side so we can have a great debate on here! Rock on, girl!!!! luv ya back!!

thumbs_up.gif

OhMyGanache Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:16pm
post #105 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie85364

So, Ganache....let's see these pictures! icon_biggrin.gif

Don't know how I missed this post...

Sorry, I don't post photos or any identifying information on this account - and I watermark all of my photos with my business name.

It was very nice though and has gotten several oohs and ahhhhs in the places that I have posted it (and even a very complimentary email from someone who attended the event and thought my piece should have won).

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:25pm
post #106 of 121

summernoelle wrote

Quote:
Quote:

I need the little Law and Order sound to go off. No one probably knows what I am talking about.

I understand what you mean about the crashing, etc. Frustrating

Yeah! It's the "doink doink!" Luv L&O! SVU's my fav. thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:29pm
post #107 of 121
Quote:

Quote:

Pre? Mmmm nope --Eat your heart out girls, I'm there.

icon_biggrin.gif

Oops, did I just say I've arrived ??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Ok how about--I'm past all that mess and still moving on...

And it's really cool but you do know the patience thing is shot when those estrogen levels drop. The distance to my last nerve has been shortened considerably. Nano seconds measure me from zero to terminally perturbed. I like to blame it on having raised a hyper child but it's really just biology and being married to a hyper guy. I really have to work at it.

...As a result I keep the flint n shovel handy to facilitate contributions to
my jar that's marked, "Ashes of Idiots" bwuwahhaha icon_lol.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:06pm
post #108 of 121
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie85364

So, Ganache....let's see these pictures! icon_biggrin.gif

Don't know how I missed this post...

Sorry, I don't post photos or any identifying information on this account - and I watermark all of my photos with my business name.

It was very nice though and has gotten several oohs and ahhhhs in the places that I have posted it (and even a very complimentary email from someone who attended the event and thought my piece should have won).

Well, that's too bad. You have some good things to say, but I tend to consider and look for merit in posts of people who aren't "mysterious" and hidden behind the cloak of internet anonymity. But, you do your thing, I'm convinced you are very talented and for whatever reason can't have people know who you are for fear of.....whatever, is not my concern I suppose. But I just don't take anyone seriously who can't reveal anything about themselves. Nothing personal, just the way I roll. icon_smile.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:16pm
post #109 of 121

the "mysterious" peeps on here sometimes have multiple identities.............

you can usually tell who they are by the tone of the posts.

OhMyGanache Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:32pm
post #110 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

It's not an issue of "multiple identities", I simply made the mistake the first time around of posting personal information about myself - not realizing how childish and petty people could be and so I abandoned that account and started a new one. I now only post under one name - though I did change it recently because I thought of a cute new moniker and I couldn't resist. icon_smile.gif

I'm not mysterious at all... just cautious. And I wish people would respect that and stop PMing each other with my "true identity" as if it's theirs to divulge. *sigh* (And yes, people do tell me when it happens.)

Cheers!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:34pm
post #111 of 121
Quote:

Quote:

It's not an issue of "multiple identities", I simply made the mistake the first time around of posting personal information about myself - not realizing how childish and petty people could be and so I abandoned that account and started a new one. I now only post under one name - though I did change it recently because I thought of a cute new moniker and I couldn't resist. icon_smile.gif

I'm not mysterious at all... just cautious. And I wish people would respect that and stop PMing each other with my "true identity" as if it's theirs to divulge. *sigh* (And yes, people do tell me when it happens.)

Cheers!

Wow...I respect that, yes people can do the most ridiculous things. And the PMing thing....that is just silly as well. Give it up detectives! Lol... icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 5:32pm
post #112 of 121

I don't post personal info either, but I know that there are people here who know who I am from other boards. I assume they're not going to "out" me! I don't even like having a facebook page, but it's good for finding old friends. I read what they put on their pages and don't put anything on mine, I just use it to email them directly (and privately!) Once it's on the internet it's there forever...

One of my friends keeps posting those "25 things about me" kinds of lists that include all sorts of interesting items about her personal life, including her sex life. icon_confused.gif Then she invites me to respond in kind...Uhhh, no thanks.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 6:00pm
post #113 of 121

I haven't read through the whole thread, but let me start by saying I'm sorry this is happening you and your business. In my experience in the town my bakery is in, we've seen businesses come and go when they try to expand too much. One business came in as a hot dog and ice cream place and ended up adding too much to their menu. At some point they really lost their identity. Everyone wanted to go there for hot dogs to begin with, but by the time they closed their doors they had so much on their menu that no one knew what to make of them. I would advise that neither of you (your business or the coffee shop) expand in too many directions that you lose your identity. Stick to what you do best and push that.

Best of luck!!!!!

Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:04pm
post #114 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:

Quote:

Pre? Mmmm nope --Eat your heart out girls, I'm there.

icon_biggrin.gif

Oops, did I just say I've arrived ??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Ok how about--I'm past all that mess and still moving on...

And it's really cool but you do know the patience thing is shot when those estrogen levels drop. The distance to my last nerve has been shortened considerably. Nano seconds measure me from zero to terminally perturbed. I like to blame it on having raised a hyper child but it's really just biology and being married to a hyper guy. I really have to work at it.

...As a result I keep the flint n shovel handy to facilitate contributions to
my jar that's marked, "Ashes of Idiots" bwuwahhaha icon_lol.gif

Oh man don't tell me I'll be LESS patient then I already am!! Don't tell my husband either icon_razz.gif He already thinks that "the change" is a 1 week from start to finish thing since that's how "Edith Bunker" from All In The Family went through it. The poor poor misinformed man.......... icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif Pretty sad when you use a sitcom to educate yourself about woman's issues, especially one like All In The Family.

I'll have to take your advice about the flint n shovel and the "Ashes of Idiots" jar, that's just hilarious icon_biggrin.gif

Ohmyganache.......I know you want to protect your identity, I feel the same way because of paying clients that I send here to see the galleries, but, is that your picture? The avator I mean? Cause I'm no Columbo (k8memphis holds that title), but I gotta tell ya, if that is your picture, it won't take long for someone to figure out who you are. icon_lol.gif

Do what I do, just post pic's of free family cakes than we can at least see SOME of your stuff. Unless your smart and make your family pay as I should be doing icon_sad.gif but don't...........ahhhhhhh! Oh well, do whatever makes you comfortable, we still luv ya and have fun conversing! Especially since I seem to agree with you most of the time icon_wink.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:01pm
post #115 of 121
Quote:

I had another identity, to start with, but I had a stalker (another CC member) who would NOT leave me alone. She sent me nasty PMs and e-mails every day and stalked me in every thread I posted in. I abandoned that identity almost a year ago and took this current one maybe a few days or a week later.

I live in a small country in Europe where cake decorating is just starting to show it's face. I remain anonymous because everyone in this country who is into caking (and even many who aren't) know who I am and have heard of my company and seen my website.

To me, it's much more professional to remain anonymous when you're famous, than to let it all hang out and everyone know who I am and what I've said and what I think.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:19pm
post #116 of 121

I love my annonymity in life--I would hate to be hounded by papparazzi like some poor unfortunate souls. But online I am me and I am not annonymous. When I attend cake events it's fun to meet online cake buddies.

Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:20pm
post #117 of 121

Wow chutzpah......that completely sucks. So what happens to all the old posts made under the other identity? Does it automatically show up under your new screen name? I've thought about changing my screen name recently, but didn't know if it would be worth it. My cakesistas may not recognize me icon_cry.gif This is all sooooo mysterious detective.gif Where's K8 when we need her................?

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:25pm
post #118 of 121

I have no idea what happened to all the old posts. They didn't show up under my screen name, B'H"

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:15pm
post #119 of 121

you guys are killing me with changing your avatars and names?!? I can't figure out who everyone is... Chutzpah changed hers from the woman... Jamie you changed yours, wasn't it I no make sheet cake? That's how i know who everyone is. and ganache I love your name! I'm getting so confused!

Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:22pm
post #120 of 121

stephaniescakenj.............DON'T ever change your "lime head kitty" avator, I absolutely LOVE seeing that! Are you absolutely sure that's not a watermelon? icon_lol.gif As I said in the Officially Embarrassed thread, how the heck big is that lime? or How the heck small is that kitty's head? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%