Cakes Made Easy/yummy Arts

Decorating By nonie2007 Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 2:04am by 2txmedics

nonie2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonie2007 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone every purchased the ebooks or videos on cake decorating. If so do you think they helped you if you had already taken all the Wilton courses.

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:34am
post #2 of 5

I took the Wilton classes, but I haven't purchased any online classes. Honestly, you could probably just find a lot of video's on YouTube for free. You should google it. Hope this helps!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:41am
post #3 of 5

I have several of the specialized technique videos out there. A lot of it I already knew but they were still helpful for the most part. A long time ago in a gallaxy far far away I was Wilton trained (even taught it for a spell) and even if that's all the training you have you should be fine. They also have buttercream made easy, fondant 101 and things like that in case you need to brush up on the basics. But I also found that some of their videos were not helpful at all and other videos like Sugarshack's buttercream and JenniferMI's fondant frills were a much better investment for the information. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

nonie2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonie2007 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:15am
post #4 of 5

Thanks.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:04am
post #5 of 5

Dont ask how I dont know, I think I was surfing the web. I came across YUMMYART.COM, I read it, etc...they have a DVD for free all you pay is the shipping to get it. If after 30days you dont cancel you get billed 19.95 monthly...

I figured, I'll get the dvd, watch it, maybe there is something I dont know, and I can cancel like 1week before if I cant use it. There are no strings attached. I just ordered it 2days ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%