How To Put Fondont On Cupcakes

Baking By mom2my3girlz Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 10:56pm by alanaj

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 5

I wanted to make cupcakes for dear daughters class. Instead of buttercream I wanted to try fondont. How do I do it? I have not idea. Bummer!

4 replies
Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 5

Hi. This is how I do mine. When the cupcakes are cool, I apply a thin layer of buttercream, then apply a circle of fondant.HTH.

lotsofsprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsofsprinkles Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 5

Don't worry it's pretty easy, much easier than covering a cake in fondant in my opinion icon_smile.gif

Just roll out the fondant and find a circle cutter that is a similar size to the cupcake and cut out the fondant. Then just put some buttercream like seaqueen said to stick the fondant to the cupcake, or in my case my cupcakes are pretty moist so I just put it on stright away (or you can use sugar syrup to make it stick). Then just gently rub the sides to make the fondant shape around the cupcake...

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

Sharon

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 5

oohhhh! Fondant on cupcakes! icon_surprised.gif I never though about that! I am making some cupcakes for my beloved niece & nephews for V-day & this would be perfect. They love my MMF. icon_lol.gif

Thank you! thumbs_up.gif

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 5

I do mine exactly like Seaqueen. You can use a circle "tart" cutter to get a fun scalloped edge too. Very pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%