Chocolate Cigarellos

Decorating By rkljazz Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 6:15am by Redlotusninjagrl

rkljazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkljazz Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 4

I've read the tutorial on making chocolate cigarellos - Nati's way. My question is where do I find acetate? Do they sell it at craft stores? I have no idea where to look. Anybody know?

3 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 4

I would think you could get it at a craft store. I don't know for sure. Here is a bump.

2muchsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2muchsugar Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 4

You can get them online as well... check out this link for clear transfer sheets:

http://www.fancyflours.com/site/search_advanced.html?search_clear=1&criteria=acetate

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:15am
post #4 of 4

On top of being a beginner cake decorator, I am a papercrafter (scrapbooking and cardmaking). I use acetate for some bags that I do. You can get it at a craft store or you can get it in the office supply store. Do you remember those overhead projectors that teachers used in school? I don't think they use those anymore. Anyway, the transparencies used with the projectors are acetate. On my papercrafting forums, people mention getting these from public schools as they have a ton of these left over and are looking at ways to get rid of them. I guess since it is plastic no one wants to put them in the landfill. If you have a friend or relative in the school system ask them if they have seen any.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%