Chocolate Cheesecake

Decorating By ski Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 3:41pm by ddaigle

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 6

Okay my dears how about the best chocolate cheesecake recipe??? I want one that is sturdy enough to use as a layer of a cake. Any ideas would be very much appreciated! Also anyone using brownies as a bottom?

TIA
Ski icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
fbgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fbgirl00 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 6

My favorite is the Deep Dark Chocolate Cheesecake from Epicurious.com. I think it uses chocolate cookies as the crust and is thick and sturdy. I cover it in chocolate ganache and it is killer!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 6

I just did this on Sunday. It's the "basket of strawberries" in my gallery. I had a 3 layer cake with the middle being chocolate cheesecake. I googled to find the sturdy NY cheesecake, just to find out it's the same recipe on the box of cream cheese. I just added a bunch of melted semi-sweet chocolate. It was GOOD! I baked it in my 10"x3"....and torted the cheesecake! That was a first, but I wanted the center layer....with no graham cracker crust for my cake. Good luck! Deb

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 12:18am
post #4 of 6

Hey thanks to both of you! I will look up the epicurious one and compare to the philly CC one....dif want it to hold up b/t cakes. fbgirl00 where at in OK? I just moved from OKC in March.

Debbie your basket of strawberries looks fantastic great job!!!! thumbs_up.gif

fbgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fbgirl00 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 6

Ski - I live in the Northwest part of Oklahoma. Good luck with your cheesecake. Deb - your basket of strawberries looks delish!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks ladies..fbgirl00, I looked up that cheesecake recipe. Looks good. The only big difference I notice in cheesecakes is the sugar. I only use 1 cup, so it won't be too sweet...but in comparasion, most look about the same. Obviously a cooked one will taste different than a no-bake, and one cooked in a water bath will taste different than one not. Besides that...the recipes look the same. Ski...post that pic when you are finished!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%