Anyone Have A Bosch Mixer?

Decorating By lexi55033 Updated 22 Sep 2013 , 12:42am by joycetyler

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have a Bosch Universal Kitchen Machine (Mixer)? The one I'm looking at is 800 watts and has a 6.5 Qt bowl. If you do a search on Amazon for Bosch mixer, you can see what I'm talking about.

I have a Bosch dishwasher and LOVE it. Their other appliances are extremely high quality too. If I could afford all Bosch appliances in my kitchen, that's what I'd have.

The mixer is getting high reviews, but I wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience with it and what they think. How does it compare to the bowl-lift KA for example?

5 replies
lexi55033 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone????

LJJohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LJJohnson Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 6

Lexi55033

My husband bought me a Bosch Universal Kitchen Machine for my birthday a few years ago. For the most part I really like it, but it's biggest drawback is that the bowl is large. It seems impossible to make a single batch of buttercream frosting. The up side is that you can make a triple batch of cookies no problem! They do make a smaller bowl now, but I don't have one so I don't know how it works.

The only other thing is that it only has 3 speed settings...which seem to be fast, faster and fastest. It does not have the slow mix like the kitchenaids do. If I need to do anything slow, I have to manually pulse the speed (there is a pulse feature) to not mix too fast.

It really depends on what you plan on doing. If you want to make large batches and don't mind it going realy fast, the Bosch is great!

If it was up to me, I would have the Bosch for cookies and mixes and a Kitchenaid for frostings.

Hope this helps!

lexi55033 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the reply. I think the large bowl would be a benefit to me, since I usually have stuff flying out the top of my KA bowl. However, not sure about the 3 speeds. I could see where that might be a problem. I'll have to keep thinking about it. I have my smaller KA that I can use for now.

LJJohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LJJohnson Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 6

I wanted to add one more thought...

If I had to own just one...Bosch or Kitchenaid...I think I would choose my Bosch. It is a really great and I probably just need to experiment more with small batches because if you search Bosch in the forums you can find some more posts about mixers and those who own Bosch's and love them and have great results with beating small batches (or just one egg!)

If you do buy a Bosch....get the cookie dough paddles too! They're great and you can use them when a recipe calls for using a kitchenaid with the paddle attachment.

joycetyler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycetyler Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 12:42am
post #6 of 6

I love, love, love my Bosch universal for cookies.  I make big quadruple batches and it folds in the chips, nuts and other stuff so well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%