Batter Chart Anyone???

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 11:00pm by MirnaG

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know of a chart that breaks down how much batter is used for different sizes of cakes and decorating icing?....and also does anyone know how much batter is in a 8.25 box of duncan hines?

thanks all.

6 replies
Jeannie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannie21 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 7

What I do is check the wilton batter chart. they have a chart for shaped pans, 2in deep, and 3in deep. Ill post a link below icon_smile.gif
As for the amount of batter in the duncan hines mix, just use the chart also. For example, on the back of the box it tells you what size of pans you can use to cook the cake in,so if it says two 8in rounds then just look at how much batter goes in an 8 inch round and times it by 2. Does that make sense? Sorry I hope thats not confusing...
Hope I helped! icon_smile.gif

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

Jeannie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannie21 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 7
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 7

......... the back of the box it tells you what size of pans you can use to cook the cake in,so if it says two 8in rounds then just look at how much batter goes in an 8 inch round .......

Those instructions are not for the baking pans most of us use. They are for 'grocery store' pans that are usually only 1 or 1 1/2" deep.
Most used are round, sheet and sq pans so here's some info for all:

One cake mix will be enough for:
one 10" round OR one 8" square OR one 12x8x2 sheet pan.

One and 1/2 cake mixes (the amount of batter my *original* WASC recipe makes) is enought for:
One 10" Square; one 12" round OR one 9x13x2 sheet; OR two 8" round; OR one 8"and two 6" rounds.

Two cake mixes should fill:
One 14" round OR one 12" sq or one 11x15x2 sheet pan

2 1/2 mixes = enough batter for:
One 14" sq OR one 12x16x2 sheet;

3 mixes:
one 16" round; one 14" sq; one 12x18x2 sheet
Yes, you see some sizes repeated here....that's because some mix flavors &/or some brands yeield less batter. Find what works best for you. [It also could mean I've forgotten since it's been a couple of yrs since I've baked the bigger sizesicon_smile.gif ]

cjcoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjcoco Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks the wilton site was just what i needed!!! icon_biggrin.gif

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone! I am always "guess-tamating" when I do this at home! icon_smile.gif this site is great! icon_smile.gif

MirnaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MirnaG Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for posting this question and thanks for the answers...i really needed the info as well.

Mirna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%