False Claims - What Should I Do?

Business By lotsofsprinkles Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 11:39pm by cylstrial

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:54pm
post #31 of 34

I'm sorry........this completely stinks! I would just respond on the site with a "This review is false as I do not own a storefront, she must have me confused with another baker." I doubt the site will delete it, so if they don't you need to defend yourself with a response. But, keep it simple and upbeat.

This happened to a friend of mine that owns a B & B. She found a very negative review on the "tripadvisor" site with many false claims. The thing that bothered her was she knew the exact person that wrote it. She said they were the "perfect guest" while at her B & B, praising the bed, the room, the food etc., the very things they then turned around and bashed her for on the review website. The site would not remove the review, however they told her she could respond to the review and it would show up right after the negative one.

She like you was devastated, it was the first and only negative review in the years they have been in business.

That's one of the huge negatives about those review sites, the people that just want to sabotage someone's business for no reason. I guarantee you this woman either bakes or has a family/friend that does and she' s trying to make your product look bad. Totally sucks!

I seriously doubt that people will pay any attention to it.

I do think it would help to have some of your clients write a positive review, many, many of them, to overshadow the negative one.

lotsofsprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsofsprinkles Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:18pm
post #32 of 34

Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd give you all an update... I decided to check again this morning to see if the review was still there and it's coming up with 'page not found' so I'm pretty sure they have removed/deleted it! I'm glad it didnt have to get to threats of lawyers...etc and that the website was understanding enough to remove the post.

Thank you all again for your support + advice + kind words!

Sharon

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 1:38am
post #33 of 34

that's great!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:39pm
post #34 of 34

Yep, it's been removed! I just tried to read it and it came up empty! So yeah for you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%