Don't Know Where I Should Post, This Is Going To Be Long

Lounge By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 1:58am by cakesdivine

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 9

I may have to get a brand new vehicle within the week.

I have my heart set on the Honda Ridgeline pickup. I want this truck because it only comes full sized 4 door cab, the seats fold up and it has a trunk in the bed of the truck.

I also have my own chickens, so I seriously need to transport a lot of feed and other stuff. Plus. I commute from my area of Canyon Lake, TX to Johnson City, TX every weekend for 9 months out of the year. Main house is in CL, the camp house with the burgeoning orchard is in JC. Have to go to JC, to water the trees.

My thought is I can eventually get small fridges and have my BFF husband rig something up for me. I'm only a hobby baker, since I can't actually charge for my cakes. (I'm still practicing)

I need a truck for everyday everything.

Is this what anyone else would do? BTW, I'm going to do what I want, but I would love some input. I have the go ahead to start looking at vehicles that would make me happy.

Thanks,
MaryAnn

I can do an SUV, but I would rather do the PU. Long run, I think it will be more versatile for all of my needs. I can't do a mini van, because the ranch, where the last house is going to be built has the country driveway from %&^$#@*&!@#%!!! The house won't be built for years, if ever.

8 replies
dsevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsevans Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 9

I have a honda pilot and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it, we have a farm with cows (plus 3 year old daughter) and i do cakes and catering from home and this vehicle has been perfect foe me, great gas milage also, but my husband does have a heavy duty truck for work(he owns a construction co) so we mainly use his at the farm. but youcan't really go wrong with a honda, oh btw the pilot has 3rd row seats ( which i usually just keep folded down) which gives me a very large cargo area.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 9

How much can I tow with the Pilot?

This is a big deal. Last year we did Thanksgiving, that was spectacular, if I could get over my OCD.

We're planning for next year and it's going to be a minimum of 50 people. I'll probably need to transport smokers, turkey fryers, whatever else and the dogs. ( I could actually get stuck with transporting a minimum of 5 dogs, 3 big, that number could actually triple w/o counting the little dogs.)

I want the Pu because, I can tarp it, tie the stuff down. If I have a SUV, I'm still stuck with what can't fit it in the back end. No matter what I need something that I can use to tow.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:39am
post #4 of 9

I rarely bump, but I need some input.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:58am
post #5 of 9

Hi MaryAnn! I live on Canyon Lake too! But don't have a ranch..LOL! Ranches generally need a full size truck so I say go for it! If you have to tow a livestock trailer you do need a truck. I have a small Chevy S-10 that I am going to have modified to be a catering truck for my cakes & catering. But for now I use my Mitsubishi Montero Sport XL to do deliveries.

So are you on the north or south side of the lake? I'm on the northside right on 306.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:14am
post #6 of 9

Cakesdivine,
I'm on your side of the lake. I'm the chick that called if you could sell product out of your store you had across from Hancock Mini Mart.

It's a real shame the restaurant and the bakery didn't work. We definitely need it on our side of the lake. Our side of the lake can afford your quality work.

I still do cakes for free. I need all the practice I can get. Plus, I didn't know it was illegal, but I have way too many house animals to charge. Don't need lawsuits.

My passion is not cakes. I want to do the gum paste flowers. I do the freebie cakes, to experiment with icing flavors and cake flavors.

Hey are you the person, providing cakes for Cup O Joe in the mini mart plaza?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:28am
post #7 of 9

I like the idea of a 4 door cab on a pickup...you have a roomy cab with fold up seats, which creates space for moving things like cakes (if you choose to do that) while the contents of the truckbed (ranch supplies, chicken feed, etc) is isolated away from the cab. Sounds like the way to go imo. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

~Anna

cakesdivine Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:57am
post #8 of 9

Howcool, I sent you a PM...No I am not the Cup of Joe lady I'm the Buddy's cake lady...LOL!

cakesdivine Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:58am
post #9 of 9

Howcool, I sent you a PM...No I am not the Cup of Joe lady I'm the Buddy's cake lady...LOL!

So you remember the Hawk Hut huh? I get so many people wishing we were still open, but the location we were in was a joke. We were so lied to by the landlord. We tried to find a place to move to but there wasn't one that wasn't going to cost us an arm & a leg to get it ready.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%