Computer Cake.....

Decorating By Mel2085 Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm by butterfly831915

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 5

So I am supposed to make a 3 tired cake for a birthday party for 3 generations, and I have an idea for the large cake and the smallest cake but the middle tier is eluding me....it is for a person that is into computers. I have no idea to make that work any ideas??

The top tier is for the 25 year old male and he is very into music so that one is easy, I am doing a musical staff.

The middle (the one I am struggling with) is for the 50 year old male and he is into computers

The bottom tier is for the 75 year old male and he has lived on a farm his whole life so I am going to do green grass on the bottom, and blue sky and then do a fence around the whole bottom.

I am not really concerned with the 3 things "going together' because they requested it be a tier for each. So the computers are really stumping me. Also it will be an 8-inch cake so I will have a decent amount of room to decorate!

4 replies
millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 5

the only thing that comes to mind is doing a keyboard that wraps around the tier icon_confused.gif

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 5

For my husband's grooms cake at our wedding, he had a computer cake. The lady did a monitor with an F-15 on it and then a keyboard. I didn't know much about cakes back then, but I am assuming she stacked cakes on top of each other and decorated the side as the monitor screen. She then had the keyboard in front of it. I could scan the picture (we got married before digital cameras were around) and e-mail it to you. HTH.

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 5

What about keys (from a keyboard) in a mosaic pattern? You could probably even make a simple gumpaste mold to simplify the making of the keys (I think they can even be easily pried off the keyboard).

Also, ever hear Weird Al's song "All about the Pentiums"? (

) It's a bit dated but has a pretty long line of computer-related terminology and concepts. If you like computers, it's pretty hilarious.

Or what about piping to look like a chip? You know, a Tron-type of pattern instead of Cornelli lace?

Those are just a few things that come to mind. Maybe one of them might help?

Good luck!

Jenny

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 5

I tend to be into computers so how about little computer cut outs on the side of the cake going arround, make the screen read some funny things like Warning, age overload or something. Justa thought here, keyboard wrap around is cool too. Post a pic when your done, good luck...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%