How To Sock It To Me.

Lounge By evasmama Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 12:44pm by yellobutterfly

evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:45am
post #1 of 8

If you're my husband and you're pissed off because I told you off last night for not helping out around the house, here's a good way to show it: when I offer you cake that I made while you were out playing hockey, turn it down. Very effective. icon_sad.gif

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:00am
post #2 of 8

icon_surprised.gifbirthday.gificon_confused.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 8

I think you should go buy yourself a little something. A Yankee Candle (dh hates scented candles) usually makes me feel better, and if that doesn't work, a new pair of shoes does!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 5:00am
post #4 of 8

I'll give you a little hint. I'm the tight wad of the relationship. My DH made me mad the other day and wouldn't shut up about it. Kept rubbing in my mistake (skidded on black ice and got stuck in the snow). Anyways, I smiled at him and said "That's ok". I then went and ordered a whole bunch of new cake toys from Country Kitchens. hee hee. I finally got those airbrush colors I wanted as well as transfer sheets and a few other things.

Go buy something pretty or even cake related. That will help you.
Raise your spatula in protest!!!!!

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

I'll give you a little hint. I'm the tight wad of the relationship. My DH made me mad the other day and wouldn't shut up about it. Kept rubbing in my mistake (skidded on black ice and got stuck in the snow). Anyways, I smiled at him and said "That's ok". I then went and ordered a whole bunch of new cake toys from Country Kitchens. hee hee. I finally got those airbrush colors I wanted as well as transfer sheets and a few other things.

you crack me up - I'd totally do the same!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by evasmama

If you're my husband and you're pissed off because I told you off last night for not helping out around the house, here's a good way to show it: when I offer you cake that I made while you were out playing hockey, turn it down. Very effective. icon_sad.gif

Odd story here...

My husband place ice hockey and had a game Sunday night.

We has almost the exact situation happen the same night.

I didn't ofer him a cake I made while he was at his game though... I was still irked to the point he would have worn it when he got home... until he handed me a Dr. Pepper and onion rings from Burger King he picked up for me. icon_lol.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 7:27am
post #7 of 8
Quote:

That is too darned funny, and true too! I've found that it doesn't have to be much, esp. if I'm going to feel guilty for spending $$ on a big whamdoozle thing we can't afford. But a few cutters, or maybe some cool new dusts...just $10 worth of unnecessary supplies...ah, it lifts the heart.

Anyway, you can tell a guy off for not helping out around the house? They help out around the house???

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Quote:

That is too darned funny, and true too! I've found that it doesn't have to be much, esp. if I'm going to feel guilty for spending $$ on a big whamdoozle thing we can't afford. But a few cutters, or maybe some cool new dusts...just $10 worth of unnecessary supplies...ah, it lifts the heart.

Anyway, you can tell a guy off for not helping out around the house? They help out around the house???

lol - my sentiments exactly!! He went to bed griping Wednesday night because I was going to be up late doing a cookie order, and then woke up still griping Thursday morning...so after I left my Dr.'s appointment, I went to the cake shop to buy a box and board for a weekend cake...my how they've gone up, it was $11 for my box and board...uh well that also includes about 5 cookie cutters! icon_evil.gif so, maybe we should start a new thread - "How to sock it to HIM - Shop yourself happy!" icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%