A Cool Story That Led Me Too A Cool Stencil Site!

Decorating By Chippi Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 6:52am by Chippi

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:37am
post #1 of 5

I went over w/ my husband to help our family paint and had my hubby bring all of our paint supplies. Well we got over there and I was going through the 5 gallon bucket that had all the painting supplies in it and I pulled out a stencil I had bought at Lowes for one of my rooms that I ended up not using! When I saw it still in its package I was like.......CAKE STENCIL!!! So when I got home I went online and googled the site that makes them. OH MY GOSH......THEY HAVE ****LOADS OF THE coolest (i'll calm down now) stencils and are perfect for the cakes. So here's the link to it everyone! I'm gonna order some.

www.stencilease.com

Enjoy!
Chippi

4 replies
mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:04am
post #2 of 5

Are they food safe?

Chippi Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:22am
post #3 of 5

You might do a search yourself but I did look and they are made of 7.5 mil Mylar and when I did a search I did see they use mylar for food storage. I will definitely look more myself. icon_smile.gif

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:37am
post #4 of 5

Awesome! I was looking for the cutting tool for making my own stencils, thank you!

Patty*

Chippi Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:52am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirlssweet

Are they food safe?

I was reading a post on here one day on wrapping cakes in chocolate by ShirleyW and she buys mylar to wrap her cakes in chocolate. icon_smile.gif So just using for stenciling I am sure they would be just fine.

cakeladyatLA glad you found it, I read where you can even get the sheets too 11x17" 25 ct for 19.99. I may try doing that also. icon_smile.gif

Chippi icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%